Home Forums General Discussion Canagliflozin – Type2 Diabetes drug shown to have therapeutic effects in AI…

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hi all,

Been a long time since posting here, I hope all are well.

I thought I’d share this with you all…

https://www.news-medical.net/news/20230525/Common-diabetes-drug-could-be-repurposed-as-a-treatment-for-autoimmune-disorders.aspx

It’s still not in any form of clinical trials, but wondering what everyone’s thoughts were… does anyone take this for diabetes, and perhaps noticed a coincidental improvement in symptoms?

Interesting nonetheless and always encouraging!

---

Here for my Mother In Law.

Scleroderma 30+ years, Lyme/Bartonella (perhaps 30+ years too, diagnosed in October 2019), Hypothyroid, Anemia (of chronic diseases we think?), Neuropathy, Mini-stroke/brain lesions Oct 2019, Candida.

Current Meds:
    **Minocin 100mg x2 day, every day. **Rifampin 300mg 1x day MWF. **75mcg Levothyroxine. **5mg Prednisone. **Clopidogrel 75mg. **300mg Fluconazole every Sunday. **300mg Gabapentin. **LDN 4.5mg.

Current Supps:
    Vitamin B-complex, C, D, E. Potassium Glucona

Maz
    Keymaster

Interesting, Steve. Until the more recent targeted biologic meds and JAK-inhibitors were developed for rheumatic diseases, the medications prescribed were all repurposed medications, such as methotrexate (cancer) or plaquenil (malaria). There are other diabetes meds, like metformin, that apparently have anti-inflammatory effects, as well, but perhaps work differently from the one in your article that is a T-cell inhibitor.

Linda L
    Participant

I believe that one day the same pill is going to treat everything. I remember years ago when I had a flu and my doctor prescribed Rulide /Roxithromycin derived from Erythromycin/ A week later /please note one week only later/ I told my rheumatologist that I was feeling so great, that my pain was gone.
    Unfortunately my stomach is very sensitive to any medications now after years of abuse when the same rheumatologist was feeding me with nasty “curing medicines” together with tons of Zantacs, Somacs etc. “protecting” my stomach. With years “curing and protecting medicines” reached the maximum level and stopped working completely.
    as well as tons of…… were being increased until reached the maximum 11 and stopped working completely.

RA tried everything: Methotraxate, Arava, Humira. Pneumonia three times. Anemia. Very low iron. Hypothyroidism
    AP from April 2014 till August 2015. No luck.
    Current medications: Natural thyroid, Mobic, supplements,
    vitamins and minerals.
    MTHFR heterozygous

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.