Home Forums General Discussion can this happen…?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    mkay
    Participant

Just a quick question, I changed my probiotic to a different brand lastnight…very strange but woke up this morning very SORE.  Have any of you more experienced AP'ers ever heard of this?  Does this make any sense?  Please let me know…I won't go into detail but I will say I could tell the new probiotic was working in other areas LOL!  Help!

mschmidt
    Participant

Sorry to answer a question with a question but, does the new probiotic have dairy in it?

Maria

frhorngal
    Participant

I tend to be very reactive to probiotics, experiencing much more pain when I am on them than when I am not…I think it's because of a sensitivity to either the filler or the growing medium

RA/Lyme: 100mg Minocin (brand) MWF, 3mg LDN, 10mg CBD- BID

mkay
    Participant

This product does not contain

• artificial coloring [/*:ux7pln16]
    • artificial flavoring [/*:ux7pln16]
    • corn [/*:ux7pln16]
    • gluten [/*:ux7pln16]
    • preservatives [/*:ux7pln16]
    • salt [/*:ux7pln16]
    • sugar [/*:ux7pln16]
    • wheat [/*:ux7pln16]
    • yeast[/*:ux7pln16]

May contain a minimal amount of residual milk protein….this is the only thng I could fnd about milk!

Thanks for trying to help 🙂

APbeliever
    Participant

Mkay, you could be allergic to casein in milk. I know I am too and try to avoid anything with milk products in it. I really miss ice cream..:crying:

APbeliever
    Participant

Try PB8 veggie caps since they do not have any dairy products in them at all. A lot of people on this forum like PB8 since most of them are allergic to casein.

Peach73
    Participant

It's really weird…I have no problems when drinking milk but I had problems when taking lactobacillus that contained milk protein..  It caused me to swell and bloat like I had gluten.  :headbang:

I take the superprobiotic from Walgreens that has 20 billion cultures and I have no problems 🙂

APbeliever
    Participant

Maybe the one you were using had gluten in it besides milk protein.

mkay
    Participant

I was taking PB 8 Pro-Biotic Acidophilus for Life and switched to the “pearls” which I like better but not if they are going to make me (even more) sore!  Not sure whats going on for sure.

Peach73
    Participant

[user=1212]APbeliever[/user] wrote:

Maybe the one you were using had gluten in it besides milk protein.

It said gluten free on the package…but still made me feel like I had had gluten:doh:

carries
    Participant

I take GNC 50 billion probiotics…It doesnt say to but I do keep it in the fridge. I take it twice a day….and I take 30 billion of acidopholus by solar ray…that one must be refrigerated. I have had great success with them and have not had any yeast issues what so ever!!!! Good Luck!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘ can this happen…?’ is closed to new replies.