Home Forums General Discussion can certain probiotics contribute to yeast??

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    casey
    Participant

Has anyone ever experienced more yeast becoming present on the tongue, etc when using certain probiotics?

We have been using VSL for ages now and rotate it up with other probiotics but i have been noticing my son seems to be more yeasty (white tongue) when using VSL ( even on antifungals)? I am going to switch and see if theres a difference .

Just wondering if anyone has ever experienced more yeast due to specific probiotics or read anything about it?

To Todd WI, You posted a website a while back about something similiar to this . I am wondering if you ran across anything about this?

Thanks so much,

Casey

maz.aust
    Participant

Yeast isn't the only cause of a 'white tongue' … it can be a result of bacteria (bad breath being a symptom of bacterial presence) or ingesting sulphurous compounds etc .. I have never heard of probiotics causing yeast but plenty about taking probiotics to prevent yeast.

Dec07: Diagnosed PRA, (CTD; Fibromyalgia; suspected Lyme):
    Mar08: Diet to heal gut/bolster immune system (no gluten, dairy, sulphites or sugar)

Jan 2018: ABX Mon/Wed/Fri (started AP 2008)
    1/2 x 150mg Roxithromycin(Biasig), 1/2 x 150mg Clarithromycin (Klacid),
    1/2 x Fungillin, 1 x 250mg Cephalexin (Keflex)

All off days Probiotics

casey
    Participant

Thanks Maz!

Not sure what this is just looks like yeast. Sulphur…hmmm , never thought of that one and will check it out. Despite it he doesnt have bad breath . Would think it would be bad regardless just because it has white on it.

On the probiotics, i would never have thought of them contributing to yeast either but have read that one could be sensitive to certain strains .   My hubby has problems with certain probiotics causing heartburn. I didnt think that was even possible but then when he switched brands , it went away. Doc said this can and has happened.  Weird eh!!

Thanks!

maz.aust
    Participant

I am allergic to sulphur, sometimes I have to peel off the outer coating of some of my tablets .. & no I don't have a bad breath problem just a white tongue when it happens. 

Anyway it was just another thought other then a yeast problem

Hope you find the answer,
    Maz – Aust

Dec07: Diagnosed PRA, (CTD; Fibromyalgia; suspected Lyme):
    Mar08: Diet to heal gut/bolster immune system (no gluten, dairy, sulphites or sugar)

Jan 2018: ABX Mon/Wed/Fri (started AP 2008)
    1/2 x 150mg Roxithromycin(Biasig), 1/2 x 150mg Clarithromycin (Klacid),
    1/2 x Fungillin, 1 x 250mg Cephalexin (Keflex)

All off days Probiotics

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘ can certain probiotics contribute to yeast??’ is closed to new replies.