Home Forums General Discussion Calling patients of Dr. W in Denton, TX

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    gnadec
    Participant

Sorry, it's me again. 😕  I've joined a lyme group online & now am considering going to Dr. W in Denton, TX and wondered if anyone here has seen him.

I'm going to see my Rheumy and NP before I see him, to see what they know about Lyme and if they're willing to work with Dr. W if he's willing to let me do a lot locally.

I've always wondered if I had Lyme (instead/also?), and I am already feeling so much better on the Mino that I'm ready to really look into all of the avenues. I never knew this world existed! When I was a kid and developed “JRA” (if diagnosis was correct) all they had me on was a lot of asprin, which soon let to a lot of mayloxx!

Thank you for your thoughts! This is a great group of people!

Take care, Gina

gnadec
    Participant

I'm sad there have been no replies. Do you think I'm nuts to investigate whether it's really Lyme instead of RA even though I've been on heavy RA drugs for years? Am I full of beans and wasting my hope, time, energy and money?

I almost wish I hadn't learned of AP, then at least I could've just gone on in blind ignorance.

Gina

mkbeeliever
    Participant

[user=2208]gnadec[/user] wrote:

I'm sad there have been no replies. Do you think I'm nuts to investigate whether it's really Lyme instead of RA even though I've been on heavy RA drugs for years? Am I full of beans and wasting my hope, time, energy and money?

I almost wish I hadn't learned of AP, then at least I could've just gone on in blind ignorance.

Gina

Gina…

No, no one here thinks you are nuts.  I am sure people will respond.  You are doing the right thing by pursuing your investigation.  I know those who have Lyme will agree.

I just saw this post today so maybe others are just seeing it too – I check this board every day at least once so don't be sad that no one has responded, just give it some more time.  People may not have “hit” this board at the right time to see it or it may have got buried on page 2 or something.

I'm sure the Lymies will be chiming in soon to help!

Blessings,
    Michelle

Cheryl F
    Keymaster

Gina,

I think your post may not have been read by many participants because of the title which appeared as though you were asking for comments on a specific doctor whom, of course, most members here
    are not familiar.

Cheryl

mikana
    Participant

I saw the post and read it because I live about 3 miles from Denton and was wondering about this doctor you asked about. I am sorry I can't give you any info on him but my husband sees a wonderful rheumy in Denton as well as his GP but his AP doctor is in Lufkin, TX.

AP in my opinion is the ONLY way back to health. The improvement in my husband has been incredible and we have been truly blessed to have found both AP and this board. Please do not get discouraged.

Lana

gnadec
    Participant

Thanks you “guys” 😉  Apparently I'm feeling very emotional this morning. I will re-post with a better title.  I guess I'm just nervous as I move closer to doing something more detailed than popping a mino pill.

Take care, Gina

APbeliever
    Participant

Did you ever try Dr K in Lufkin, TX? She is really good at treating patients. I went to see her once too but the drive is really boring and long.

gnadec
    Participant

I've haven't been to anyone yet. Trying to decide btwn Dr. K in Lufkin & Dr. W in Denton. Both about the same distance for us.

APbeliever
    Participant

gnadec, could you please PM me about Dr W's phone number in Denton, TX? I would like to know who this AP doctor is in Denton since I am trying to find someone close to Dallas.

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=2208]gnadec[/user] wrote:

Hi Gina,

Sorry you didn't get any replies yesterday! All the volunteers are off in different directions at the moment, so we're just a little delayed getting back to you.

I personally don't think you're nuts at all looking into the Lyme question, but then I have RA that was triggered by Lyme so it was a clear-cut case for me. For others, it's not so clear-cut…they never get a rash, never see a tick, never get tested, never make the connection….and Lyme can remain latent for years, which complicates the picture even more, because even if one did find out they had Lyme when it first occurred, they may not realize that the immune system was just keeping it in check for all those years and it suddenly became opportunistic. So, there's lots of variables here that make a diagnosis very difficult to make.

But, just talk with Spacehoppa – Ruth – who lived down south as a youngster and returned to live in England (she's a Brit). She started with RA as a teen and was on all the conventional meds for 20 odd years. It was only last summer when she looked into the Lyme question, got tested and discovered she had Lyme disease and coinfections all along. She's been on antibiotic therapy since the fall and is now making a remarkable recovery, weaning off all her other drugs. It's worth watching her YouTube blog from beginning to end, as she describes her journey to date in great detail – powerful stuff!

http://www.youtube.com/user/ruthheasman

I think she'd be a good person to speak with, because then you can ask her if she thinks looking into this whole question was worth it to her. 😉 But….noooo….you're not nuts….you're just self-advocating and it seems that the people who do self-advocate are the ones who find answers – you deserve a huge pat on the back, Gina!!! :dude:

Peace, Maz

gnadec
    Participant

Thank you so much, Maz. This is exactly what I needed to hear! I will be listening to Ruth's you tube videos this weekend.

I made an appt w/ Dr. W and requested August, but wasn't thinking clearly on my dates! I'm calling them Monday to see how soon I can get in!

Have a good weekend!

Gina

spacehoppa
    Participant

Hi Gina,

Ruth/spacehoppa here… Yes, you should definitely be looking into the possibility of a Lyme infection.

You could have knocked me over with a feather when I found out I had Lyme last year, despite knowing I had lived in a high-risk area for ticks.

Since beginning treatment my arthritis and fatigue improved dramatically, literally overnight, so I had no doubt I was on the right path. I've herxed a lot along the way too, but my arthritis just keeps on improving as the weeks go by, as evidenced in my blood test results, my CRP dropping from 134 last July to 18 in March this year.

I too was diagnosed with JRA and contracted it aged 15. I have tried most of the conventional DMARDS for RA and was literally running out of options as my body stopped tolerating these drugs. I am so glad to have found the RBF and to have learned about antibiotic therapy and Lyme disease. Like you, I wondered for a while whether having done all this reading and finding all this out was a good thing if I couldn't actually find a doctor who would treat me, as I would never be able to regard the traditional DMARDs in the same light again.

But I did eventually find a wonderful Lyme literate doctor in the UK – the only one – and have improved steadily ever since.

Getting the Lyme diagnosis ruled in or out will help make sure your treatment is the right one from the word go, so it's a great idea for anyone with an autoimmune disease, in my book.

I do hope you get the treatment you need asap. It's worth the hassle, honestly. And I wouldn't watch *all* the videos if I were you – you'll be there for hours 😉 .

I'm all ears if you have any questions, just a bit useless at answering fast, unlike the amazing Maz, as I have two small but very demanding children!

Take care, ruth

gnadec
    Participant

Sooo happy you popped in Ruth! I am inspired by your story and I haven't even watched more than your first you tube video! I'm glad you are having success with your treatment. My hands look like yours and one of my elbows won't straighten all the way either…  It would be “awesome” if they found something they could actually treat. Even though it'll be a long tough road. Haven't we all, already been traveling long tough roads?!?!

Have a great weekend!

Gina

gnadec
    Participant

I had one other thought about the RA vs Lyme.  I have had both of my hips replaced. Does Lyme do that kind of joint destruction?

Of course I ask that question and am thinking of the poor young girl I just saw in a you tube video who is now in a wheelchair and on oxygen.

I can't believe our country is supressing this disease.

Gina

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘ Calling patients of Dr. W in Denton, TX’ is closed to new replies.