Home Forums General Discussion Bush Fires in Australia

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    tainabell
    Participant

Oh my goodness.  I'm so sorry for your loss Maz.  Just know that the whole world is thinking and praying for your little corner of the world – including my husband and I and the people on this board.

Is there anything we can do from over here to help with both the floods and the fire efforts? 

Hugs to all of you.

linda
    Participant

So sorry for your loss, and for for the trials you and your family are facing. Keep us informed.

linda

maz.aust
    Participant

[user=1137]Noel[/user] wrote:

Hi Maz,

Finally signed up to the forum here, although been an avid reader for some time.

I don?t really know the right words to say but echo exactly what Katieb and others have said.

Glad your ok.

Best wishes to all those affected.

Noel

HI NOEL,

WELCOME, WELCOME, WELCOME —

I am sure you will be glad you joined the RB site — there are people here who have been through what you have been through and are going through what you are going through — they have such a wealth of information and are prepared to share it with anyone who will listen.

Talk soon,
    Maz

Dec07: Diagnosed PRA, (CTD; Fibromyalgia; suspected Lyme):
    Mar08: Diet to heal gut/bolster immune system (no gluten, dairy, sulphites or sugar)

Jan 2018: ABX Mon/Wed/Fri (started AP 2008)
    1/2 x 150mg Roxithromycin(Biasig), 1/2 x 150mg Clarithromycin (Klacid),
    1/2 x Fungillin, 1 x 250mg Cephalexin (Keflex)

All off days Probiotics

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

The response of the population throughout the country has been incredible. Just want to add that I watched on TV yesterday's afternoon session in our Federal Parliament. The afternoon was totally dedicated to the response to this disaster. The united voice  between both sides Federally, and State and Federal governments, the action and minutely detailed plans on every level that have been put into place in just 48 hours absolutely astounded me. It is a testament to our system of government and made me very proud. Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

maz.aust
    Participant

Good morning to all you caring & kind people on this website,

I am sure I can say for all of us who live here that your words of encouragement at what is now the worst catastrophe Australia has ever seen & the saddest of times for those who have lost loved ones, friends & everything they own – thankyou!

The update is that the Red Cross Bush Fire Appeal has this morning reached AUS$31million – and 100% of it is going to those who need it. 

The Australian public have donated not only items of clothing, bedding, etc but there are tradesmen from all over the country registering with the authorities their pledge to donate 1day, 1wk, 2wks or whatever of their time to help rebuild. 

The worst news I woke up to is there are now 181 confirmed deaths and with the weather conditions changing the emergency services are expecting it to climb dramatically today when they get into the worst hit areas.   Whole towns & communities are gone, there just isn't anything left.

The fires are now spreading to the north across the State through bushland & farmland where small country towns and communities reside; major roads that were open at 7.00am this morning are now closed. 

We did not have a bush fire we had fire storms travelling at 160K+/hr and if we had 1,000,000 firefighters on the ground they wouldn't have been able to stop it – this is when you realise the power of mother nature! 

Thank you again for your concern and kind words,
    Maz-Aust

Mar08: Diet to heal gut/bolster immune system (no gluten, dairy, sulphites or sugar)

All off days Probiotics

maz.aust
    Participant

Today's update :

Red Cross Appeal has now reached $51million — and this is not an official appeal, it is just something people wanted to do and the Red Cross said they would help … it grew from there. 

As for the fires, some are getting welcome relief from the cooler days, less wind and in some areas, not rain, but at least showers — Mt Bulla area last night got down to  -1degC. ; seems strange to us that last Sat was 47degC and it is now a cold 20 and showers.

There are now 3 huge fire fronts with only 15-20kilometers between them and the concern is that they will join up — if that happens the high country will go up and because of the terrain they will have a problem trying to get in there to put it out or contain it, it is possible it will just have to burn itself out. 

It really amazes me that people from tiny hamlets & small townships in the fire line and under immediate threat from the fires are still wanting to stay and defend their properties.  I know there are two sides to every story and I know how difficult it must be for people to just leave their homes, I just wish they would remember, you can't rebuild unless you are here to tell the story.

The police released news this morning that the KingLake fire area was not started by arson !   The bad news is that the Gippsland/Churchill/Beulara fires were and they are still hunting for the guy/s, and believe it or not someone was picked up yesterday for starting fires in the Bunyip State Forest where there is still a fire burning out of control as we speak. 

Yesterday looting started – I am really disappointed that the worst in people is still there in the midst of such tragic circumstances.

It seems the insurance companies are being good and most are processing claims straight away.  People have donated so much in the way of clothing and bedding they can't take any more, so the Red Cross have asked for donations of pots pans plates knives & forks and kitchenware. 

The Fire Appeal Telethon is on TV tonight – so it is entirely reasonable to expect the donations to far exceed what has already been collected.

The next problem is the wildlife animals and pets & cattle etc, they don't have any food or water and we can't get in to help them, however vets from all over Melbourne have donated their time and are working 24/7 to do what they can for those who survived.  One of the police stations in Melbourne suburbs asked yesterday for help and is a drop off area for canned & dried food, dog leads, halters for horses etc – they were inundated yesterday and trucks of stuff is on it's way to the fire zones.  People are all important, but we now have hundreds of pets without owners as well as the wildlife, and they all need vet attention and they need to be cared for as well.

There is no doubt about it – this will go on for a long long time.

For all Australians you should feel very proud of the way everyone has just jumped in to help those in need.  

Maz-Aust

All off days Probiotics

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘ Bush Fires in Australia’ is closed to new replies.