Home Forums General Discussion brown spots from minocin

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    exactly150
    Participant

I have been taking Minocin for a year and a half for RA, with wonderful results.  But, it has left me with ugly brown blotches all over my face.  At first I attributed it to menopause, but I don't think so.  I used to have porcelain white skin, now I look like I've been to a bad tanning salon.  Looks awful.

Will these fade with time?  Anyone have any knowledge at all about it?

Thanks, deb

DianeWI
    Participant

Hi Deb,

I have it too….on my face, arms and hands.  I also have a tanned look, like I've been tanning for a while.  I don't mind that part, but I agree with you, the blotches are not so nice.  Make-up covers the blotches for me.  But my hands look like that of a much much older person.   So much to deal with, with our problems.

Hugs,

Diane/WI

richie
    Participant

Hi

Unfortunately the possibility of  skin hyper pigmentation is part of the price paid for getting better using minocycline –HOWEVER –this problem is worsended by too much exposure to the sun –there should be a warning label on you med cautioning about sun exposure

Richie

exactly150
    Participant

I get my meds from canada, so there was no warning.  Now I know, but I guess it's too late.  I look utterly ridiculous.  Deb

caroline
    Participant

PABA, available from health food stores & inexpensive, fades
    brown spots but takes a month or two to see gradual results

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hi,    Paba is one of they many forms of vitamin B  and there is Paba in sun block creams.Which one are you refering to.Just curious.    Lynne

caroline
    Participant

I only know of PABA tablets & have no idea if creme works better. I had
    no idea that a creme existed & am just now remembering to try PABA.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘ brown spots from minocin’ is closed to new replies.