Home Forums General Discussion brief absence

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    linda
    Participant

My IP will be disconnected from 7/18 to 8/14 while I'm moving. I don't have a wireless computer so I'll be out of touch for this time. When I return I will have seen the new rheumy in SA and discussed using AP with her. Can't believe this is actually, finally happening!!!:roll-laugh:

Hope everyone has a wonderful month and continues to progress toward good health while I'm gone- I want some new success stories to read when I return!

For Joe M, if you read this. My rheumy's practice is headed by a doctor who is on the rheum research staff at UTSA Health Sciences. One of the first things I'm going to find out is if they are doing any studies there on the new biologic that does not create the side effect of dangerous infections. I believe there is study going on here at the Univ. of AZ, but I'm outta here! Thanks so much for that article.

linda

Kim
    Participant

Take care and good luck on your move, Linda…….kim

Maz
    Keymaster

Bon voyage, Linda, and happy landings in your new home! Be sure to come back and tell us how it all went for you….so exciting that you're on this next leg of “the journey of life” with such great things to look forward to!

Peace, Maz xo

Joe M
    Participant

You're welcome Linda, and good luck on the move.  If you're still here and want more good news about biologic research, check out Susan's “good news” post from a couple days ago.

linda
    Participant

Thanks again, Joe, I had not read Susan's post yet since I've been busy packing. I read the article and found it to be very interesting, esp since the Remicade seems to have done all the good it's going to do for me. I was on it 4 yrs ago and it lost effectiveness after 2 yrs, probably due to the formation of antibodies to it.  We tried to prevent that from happening this time by adding mtx, but my liver couldn't handle it. I've been wondering about the Rituxan and how it differed from Remicade and Humira, other than it's a once every 6 months dose; It may be that I have to switch to it. I tried Humira after the remicade, but it was not as effective. Of course, I'm right in the middle of the move which brings added mental and physical stress, so the remicade may be working better than I know.

Annnyyyway, I'll catch up with y'all when I land (see, my drawl is already coming back- not bad for a girl who actually never even saw Tx until she was almost 40!)
    😛

linda

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘ brief absence’ is closed to new replies.