Home Forums General Discussion Boron and Arthritis (all types)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    jaminhealth
    Participant

I’ve been taking Boron 3mg daily with my Cal Mag and D3 BUT an acquaintance sent me info from australia on research that
    take 12mg daily for 3 months and then going on 6-12mg as needed for arthritis issues can reduce the pain of arthritis.

I found TONS of info on this subject by searching: Boron and Arthritis

It seems that countries with high boron levels in their soils, have very low arthritis in these countries.

I see old info in the Search on Boron but nothing like the specifc 12mg for 3 months.

I thought I posted this here but I must have posted it on another arthritis board I’m on. Anyway, do your
    own research and homework, I do.

Here is the message the aussie person sent me:

{{{Are your body pains caused by Arthritis ? If so, have you not tried taking Boron internally ? A nutritionist fellow in Australia proved he could reverse Arthritis by dosing up with approx 12mg of Boron daily and in 3 months he cured Arthritis completely. He maintained if we stayed on a maintenance dose after that, 6-12 mg daily as needed, then it would not re-occur,. He was hounded out of Australia of course ! Moved to England and continued his work there , I think he died some years later. I have some of his documentation on file ,but you can find some of this on the net if you Google , but this is a good place to start. http://www.positivehealth.com/article/nutrition/boron-major-cause-and-cure-for-arthritis }}}

Johnlombard
    Participant

Dear Jamin,
    Good on ya!
    I fully believe that you are right on track here.
    Boron is a strong natural antimicrobial, so it fits right in with AP.
    Supposedly, it also aids the body in integrating Ca, Mg and phosphorus.
    Good stuff!
    I have been taking 6_9 mgs / days for 8 weeks now, and i am amazed at how much better i feel.
    All the best,
    John from san diego
    53 with ra for 33 years. Still pluggin’…

jaminhealth
    Participant

good to hear from another Boron(er) any reason why you don’t do the 12mg for the 3 months or is the 6-9mg the dose you are going to stay with “forever”? jam from santa monica

Eva Holloway
    Participant

I have been taking Cal-Mag and Boron for several years now and doing well. I also take D3 and a few other supplements
    Eva

Eva Holloway

A Friend
    Participant

Jamin,

Hello. Boron and arthritis had a topic begun a year or more ago. The referenced research can also be found on ArthritisTrust.org, along with “Important Articles” list on the site. The doctors on the board of directors all have a wealth of experience. One of them is of polio research fame, and most of you (if you are old enough) will recognize his name.

This is a link I found by doing a search on our RBF Topic Discussion :
    viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6180&p=54857&hilit=boron+arthritis#p54857
    EDIT #2: http://www.arthritistrust.org/ If you go to the online site for ArthritisTrust.org, the Index will give you a wealth of information to learn from.

EDIT added: A bonus I just found in one of the posts in the link just above is by one of my longtime favorite doctors/researchers all of you will recognize. I didn’t know what was under this link until I clicked it, but found myself a good “medical lawyer” to prove my case when I sometimes have to argue how important our pH is for our wellness and bone health…(hope I don’t lose this link now…lol)
    http://www.alternativehealthshoppe.com/page/page/1554145.htm

Best to you all,

AF

jaminhealth
    Participant

Friend:

I’ll read the links, and yes pH is critical.

As of late, I use pH drops (Body Rescue) in all my drinking water and also use lemon juice and some baking soda where I need it.

Gotta keep the alkaline as too much acid keeps us in pain more, and cancer loves an acidic environment.

jaminhealth
    Participant

Eva, long time no talk.

Hope you are good and looks like you still take LDN, it never worked for me…

The hip replacement has been HAIL…5 months post op things went down hill and back issues are all worse…19 months post op.

Horrible SPinal Stenosis….more later….jam

marypart
    Participant

Jamin,

Where do you buy it? Any special brand? Do you buy the Chelated Boron?

Thanks for the help.

jaminhealth
    Participant

Mary, I buy 3mg caps of Boron from swansons and vitacost and do buy chelated forms too. I take 6mg in AM and 6mg later in the day….this is a 3 month protocol and then go from there, 6-9mg per day or so….

Get Body Rescue at these places too.

Eva Holloway
    Participant

jam,
    I just had my appendix out last week. Doing well, they went through the belly button and that is actually the only thing that is sore.
    I am on weight restriction for at least one week. Trying to walk some so I don’t get to sore. Been taking some long naps, which seems to help.
    My hip replacement actually helped with my back, the only problem I have is when the weather changes, I can tell it ahead of time, the hip will hurt real bad till the weather has gone through. Yes, I am still on LDN but I went down to 3mg and it seems to do a better job.
    Eva

Eva Holloway

Krys
    Participant

@jaminhealth wrote:

….and yes pH is critical.
    As of late, I use pH drops (Body Rescue) in all my drinking water and also use lemon juice and some baking soda where I need it.
    Gotta keep the alkaline as too much acid keeps us in pain more, and cancer loves an acidic environment.

Yes, pH is very important. But going very enthusiastic about it can create problems, too.
    People with chronic diseases usually have digestive problems and often do not produce enough stomach acid. Taking baking soda too close to the meals may exacerbate digestion issues and then exacerbate other health issues.
    This link is about hypochlorhydria and problems due to it: http://www.prohealth.com/library/showarticle.cfm?libid=13388
    “The stomach requires acid environment for several reasons:
    -…for the digestion of protein
    -..for the stomach to empty correctly, and failure to do so results in gastro-esophageal reflux disease (GERD).
    -..to sterilize the stomach and kill bacteria and yeast that may be ingested.
    -..for the absorption of certain micronutrients…such as calcium, magnesium, zinc, copper, iron, selenium, boron, and so on.
    Possible problems with low stomach acid:
    Failure to digest food properly….malabsorption of proteins…osteoporosis…degenerative conditions…
    Failure to absorb trace elements. (….)
    Malabsorption of Vit. B12″

Veggies have alkalizing effect, too!

It’s possible that the need for caution does not apply to you.
    Maybe I was too enthusiastic or it is just my body that insists on doing everything slowly, but I created quite a few problems for myself, more than once, with ACV, baking soda, lemon juice. Each time it took me a few months to get back to “normal”. I still use all of them, I just do it more cautiously now and I make sure I watch for stomach reactions after the meals. I often supplement with digestive enzymes and Betain&Peptin, especially with heavier meals or meals with diverse foods.
    Warm wishes, Krys

cavalier
    Participant

For bone health in addition to Boron you might want to look also at Strontium Citrate. you can find this thru Swansons & elsewhere. Just dont take with any calcium as it has to be given apart from calcium. Supplemental Calcium has hit the news lately anyways suggested to get it instead from food – which due to most of us Dairy is tough to do but fermented dairy I.e. Yogurt or Kefir can be done to get calicum in food. Also take a look at Vitamin K-2.

Best – Jill SD

Johnlombard
    Participant

Eva,
    Just FYI: I buy my boron online at Amazon. It’s really inexpensive. I like what “Nature’s Way” has to offer.

Jam,
    Question for ya: Why 12 mgs boron?
    My research seems to support taking just 6 mgs.
    Esp. because my disease process is not super active right now.
    It seems best with any supplement to take the minimum dose that is effective.
    Your thoughts?
    Thanks,
    john

Johnlombard
    Participant

Eva,
    Just FYI: I buy my boron online at Amazon. It’s really inexpensive. I like what “Nature’s Way” has to offer.

Jam,
    Question for ya: Why 12 mgs boron?
    My research seems to support taking just 6 mgs.
    Esp. because my disease process is not super active right now.
    It seems best with any supplement to take the minimum dose that is effective.
    Your thoughts?
    Thanks,
    john

jaminhealth
    Participant

John, I believe I gave the reason at the beginning of this post…check it out. jam

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.