Home Forums General Discussion Boat Photo of The Week

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    fastspinW
    Participant

Friends,

Amidst all the difficulties of my various illnesses I take great solace from the incredible beauty that surrounds me here on my island home. A few others on the board have suggested that I post some of my photos from time to time and I am doing so this evening in hopes that they might help brighten up your own day as well.

All best,
    Winston

Sunset On Frenchman's Bay, Mount Desert Island, Maine

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Beautiful Winston. Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

fastspinW
    Participant

Lynnie,

Glad you liked it. I actually almost made it down your way some years ago when I was invited to join an Austrailian sea kayaking expedition organized by a group in Port Lincoln. It will always be one of my great regrets that my circumstances at the time kept me from accepting the invitiation.

All best,
    Winston

Patti D
    Participant

Absolutely breathtaking Winston!
    I live on a lake and know those sunsets can be the best part of the day.
    Thank you for sharing. Another fine idea!

Patti

Maz
    Keymaster

Winston…”incredible” doesn't give this pic justice! Wow, took my breath away, too. Thank you for sharing this beautiful shot of your island home. Looks like you have certainly found a piece of heaven there. 😉

Peace, Maz

Christina V
    Participant

Hi Winston,

I'd love to see your photos, but can only see a small square with a red x in the middle.  Must be something wrong with me or my computer!!  I'll keep trying.

thanks Christina

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Christina – I was about to suggest a few things then realised it wont open on my system now – it did when it was first posted. I'm using Internet Explorer. Now I've just tried Mozilla Firefox as an alternative browser and even the image “X” doesnt come up. Not sure what's happened here. Lynnie 

Be well! Lynnie

rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Kim
    Participant

Bummer, all I get is the red x too.  Where's Tom? 😉

Hermsi
    Participant

With Firefox I get nothing, with IE I get a red x.

Ron

tbird2340
    Participant

[user=40]Kim[/user] wrote:

Bummer, all I get is the red x too.  Where's Tom? 😉

Heh… I don't see it either.. Best bet is to upload it again.. Imageshack does go up and down every once in a while so that may be the issue but I never seen it since he posted it..

Looks like some members did though so I'm guessing that's the problem..

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

all I can think of is that it's a super high resolution image and the file size too big to keep on the site??????????anybody got another idea? Tom? Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Jan Lucinda
    Participant

I couldn't get it either.  Need an puter  whiz!!!

tbird2340
    Participant

[user=30]lynnie_sydney[/user] wrote:

all I can think of is that it's a super high resolution image and the file size too big to keep on the site??????????anybody got another idea? Tom? Lynnie

Red X means a broken image.. When you post an image it's basically a pointer to the file on the server and if that pointer is pointing to the wrong place or the file isn't there then you get the red X because there is no valid image at that location..

That's why the red X is coming up for those using Internet Explorer.. Firefox just doesn't display anything instead of displaying a red X..

fastspinW
    Participant

Folks,

No idea what went wrong. When I first uploaded the file it displayed fine, now even I get no image. Worse yet when I tried to upload a different file I couldn't even get it to work once. I feared this sort of thing originally but figured I would give it a try. More and more I've come to dread these sorts of problems and as rule I don't even make the first attempt. If the computer whizs would just slow things down to the point where they get things working correctly before moving on to another New & Greatest! thing I think everyone would be better served by computer technology…

Let me try with a different image.

All best,
    Winston

fastspinW
    Participant

This is the original photo uploaded in a different way…I've got my fingers crossed!

Best,
    Winston

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘ Boat Photo of The Week’ is closed to new replies.