Home Forums General Discussion bloodwork question???

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    casey
    Participant

Hello everyone!

First off , I hope all of your are doing well and those that are new, wishing you the best!

I have a question about bloodwork. It maybe related to anemia, i dont know as there are no symptoms but maybe these are signs.

My 13 yr old son who had lupus markers has been on AP for almost a yr . His ANA and dsDNA went from pos to neg in a 6 month period . Now as my AP doc is 6 hrs away, i simply dont bother her for everything as i have a general practioner who does some testing at my request but is simply clueless to the infection theory etc.

His last blood test (last week)showed low hemoglobin and low red blood cells but all the other blood cell tests were normal ( hemocrit, wbc ,platelet etc. His sed rate was also 0.Now this is the 1st time over a yr, 5 bloodwork tests, that these red blood cells and hemoglobin is low. It is not drastically dropped but flagged due to beeing under normal range by a few points. There is no fatigue, paleness in the nails, etc however this is a new thing i am not familiar with. He has no symptoms showing but lupus is a true disease of many faces in my opinion.

I will see the AP doc in July and my GP is just plain “frustrating” so i rely on many here to help me along with explanations.

Through research on rheumatic diseases , RA,lupus etc, anemia can come with this. Also, i read the post of bacteria stealing iron and it makes sense.

So what i am asking is, For those of you who have anemia, what bloodwork results show it and what symptoms do you have? Also, can killing off bacteria cause this to happen? When you have anemia, does it affect the wbc?

I did send the report to my AP doc and she will get to me when time permits.As for now, i am going to arm myself for an appt for my son with the GP. I would think iron testing and the bloodcells need to be repeated, anything else I should request involving possible anemia or what this can be related to?

Thanks so much ,

casey

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘ bloodwork question???’ is closed to new replies.