Home Forums General Discussion Blasting the Bastards and the Bad Hip

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Randy
    Participant

Hi Everyone,

Forgive me for not posting much of late.  That's primarily because I continue to blast the bastards and continue improving and being more normal everyday. 

To that end, on Wednesday here in Columbia, SC, I had a total hip resurfacing which is a modern total hip replacement.  I left the hospital today and am in the hotel before flying back tomorrow. Everything went perfectly and I have to be on crutches for the next 6 weeks. Now I have no excuse to stop me from running (after 6 months recuperation).  Certainly SD isn't going to stop me!

Fortunately I was able to keep taking mino throughout the preop and postop period, so the bastards didn't get any break.  And yes, like Jessie who had an arm surgery last year or so, my surgeon reported that I too had green bones.

Many of us are members of the Black Ankle Club, but I guess you need to have surgery to be confirmed in the Green Bone Club!

Isn't it awesome that AP can give you your life back and improve you so much that the docs give you clearance for major surgery.

As a popular commercial says, “stay thirsty my friend”, we need to stay thirsty for returning to life, … thanks to AP!

Randy

Diffuse SD since Apr '07
    AP since Feb '08
    100mg Mino twice daily
    Stopped Clindamycin IVs Aug 2019
    "No one should profit over someone else's illness"

Cheryl F
    Keymaster

Randy,

Jess will be so happy to hear the green bone club has a newly confirmed member. As our favorite Broadway show is WICKED, Green is a very good thing!

Glad all went well with the hip surgery! You'll be ready for the SD triathlon soon.

Cheryl

nspiker
    Participant

Great news Randy 😀 !

May I ask, what is a green bone…..and a black ankle???

nancy

mschmidt
    Participant

Randy,

Yay!!! I'm so happy to hear that things went well for you.  I have no doubt that you will be running after 6 months, as well as participating in the SD triathlon I know you're wanting to do with Jess and I.  (and you gave me so much crap about:P)  So, continue to “blast the bastards” and get ready to compete because I'm gaining ground on you with the running, and you don't want to let a girl beat you.:D

LOL,

Maria

mkbeeliever
    Participant

[user=1552]nspiker[/user] wrote:

Great news Randy 😀 !

May I ask, what is a green bone…..and a black ankle???

nancy

Me too…what the h@*&% is green bone and black ankle? 
    Are you saying that your bones when seen by a surgeon are now green because of mino?

Cheryl F
    Keymaster

[user=1335]mkbeeliever[/user] wrote:
    [/quote]
    Me too…what the h@*&% is green bone and black ankle?

Maz
    Keymaster

Randy, it must be mid-life hormones or something, but I'm having hallmark moments here almost every day at the moment…at least they're tears of joy for all your progress and that of the other special people here! Way to go and so pleased to hear your surgery went so well!

:dude: Dude, triathalons don't really float my boat….BUT celebration cakes do! When all this is a thing of the past for you, I'm going to forego the virtual cake and buy a real one in honor of you.

Michelle, no worries about the green bones. When reading the Clark book, “Why Arthritis?” (he was Brown's colleague and researcher), he commented that in parts of Africa where they had excavated clay pots and human bones, they found high concentrations of streptomyces in them. This is the soil bacterium from which tetras are derived. He went on to say that in areas where these artifacts were found, rheumatic diseases were pretty much non-existent as the people were exposed to these rich soil organisms throughout their lives.

http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/tetracycline

Why would the bones have such high concentrations of streptomyces (and thus natural tetracyclines) in them? Likely due to their highly chelative nature…they literally bind to minerals in the body, like calcium and iron…possibly copper….hence the green and black deposits found in bone and skin….and sometimes thyroid, too (called “black thyroid” and considered benign).

Peace, Maz

JeffN
    Participant

Heal up fast Randy and get back out there!

mkbeeliever
    Participant

[user=27]Maz[/user] wrote:

Michelle, no worries about the green bones. When reading the Clark book, “Why Arthritis?” (he was Brown's colleague and researcher), he commented that in parts of Africa where they had excavated clay pots and human bones, they found high concentrations of streptomyces in them. This is the soil bacterium from which tetras are derived. He went on to say that in areas where these artifacts were found, rheumatic diseases were pretty much non-existent as the people were exposed to these rich soil organisms throughout their lives.

http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/tetracycline

Why would the bones have such high concentrations of streptomyces (and thus natural tetracyclines) in them? Likely due to their highly chelative nature…they literally bind to minerals in the body, like calcium and iron…possibly copper….hence the green and black deposits found in bone and skin….and sometimes thyroid, too (called “black thyroid” and considered benign).

Peace, Maz

Thanks Maz, that did kinda freak us out…My mom was in shock!  I will read this info to her.  Not that it matters about the green or black or red or yellow or purple, it's just weird.  Lol!

Blessings,
    Michelle

And P.S. Randy, you are such an inspiration to my mother!  Hope your hip heals soon!

Parisa
    Participant

Randy,

It's great to hear that you are well enough to have major surgery.  I hope your flight home went smooth.  Nothing like a little stay in the hospital to make you really appreciate your home.

heatherbell
    Participant

Good to hear that you are still blasting the bastards to smitherines.  You have a great attitude – all the best to you ..

richie
    Participant

Hi-Good to hear you are still blasting away –not only do bones turn dark but most tissue below the outer  few layers of skin are very dark as well –many organs are reported to turn dark from the minocin

I had something removed from my leg by a skin doctor last year –didnt have to go too deep just sort of went down about two layers or so and sort of scraped rather than cut –guess what- I have a back mark now !!!–My ankles are both very dark from the minocin –almost black –All this is trivial compared to the benefit derived —
    richie

mkbeeliever
    Participant

[user=16]richie[/user] wrote:

Hi-Good to hear you are still blasting away –not only do bones turn dark but most tissue below the outer

Kim
    Participant

Man, Randy, green bones and black ankles……..you must be like an action hero in the eyes of your boys. :roll-laugh:  Now, if you had a daughter she might be a little freaked, but boys love that stuff.

What a relief that you sailed through the surgery and already looking ahead to running again.  There isn't a single doubt that you'll meet all your goals in short order, and I wish you only the best.

Blast away, my friend!

kim

p.s.  For the ladies out there ~ not everyone gets black ankles, I didn't, but I can tell you it wouldn't have been a deal breaker for me. 😉

richie
    Participant

Hi—TO MK-
    It does not happen to everyone –everyone is different –although a common response is skin darkening –remember I have been taking 200 mg daily for 11 years –so I must be well saturated with minocin –the other and more positive note is that the scleroderma obviously is well saturated also !!!!!:cool:

richie

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘ Blasting the Bastards and the Bad Hip’ is closed to new replies.