Home Forums General Discussion bladder problems

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    tish
    Participant

i am having some perplexing symptoms that are driving me buggy.  bladder ultrasound showed bladder wall thickening, went to urologist said every thing ok.  depending on when symptoms decide to appear.  i will almost be in full blown bladder infection then symptoms will disappear next day,  have gone to bathroom at least 8 times in one night.  but then symptoms will subside, sometimes  when going to bathroom urine will be clear everytime i go.  i thought i had candida so went off ap temporarily, hoping to get candida if that's what i have under control before going back on.  I also have terrible acid stomach and soreness, finally relented and went on Nexium.  If anyone has any possible suggestions for this peculiar problem(s), i would appreciate help so much. thanks in advance.

casey
    Participant

Hi,

Macrobid or a floroquinolone (cipro or levaquin) is the only thing that worked for me with this problem, though i didnt have any bladder thickening .(that i was told of anyway)

Pardon me being personal here, but what does your urinalysis tests show?

Casey

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi Tish,

Not sure of your dx, but you may be interested in some research by a guy called, Ebringer, who has linked proteus mirabilis to RA. John, otherwise known as Dragonslayer here on the BB has all the links to Ebringer's papers and very generously offered to email anyone these, if you private message him.

I found this research to be very interesting and feel it's probably an important piece of the picture for my own RA and cumulative pathogen load, as I used to suffer from repeated cystitis many years ago that on one occassion developed into a full blown kidney infection…very painful and could barely walk.

Do hope you find your answers very soon.

Peace, Maz

Maz
    Keymaster

PS Here is one of Ebringer's links in pdf format:

http://www.hindawi.com/GetPDF.aspx?doi=10.1080/17402520600576578

Peace, Maz

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘ bladder problems’ is closed to new replies.