Home Forums General Discussion Bit of a warning and a bit of advice r'qd please

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Sydnie
    Participant

Hi All

Its been a long time since Ive been on the site. Nearly 2 yrs.  Minocin has been amazin for me.  Absolutely no symptoms for nearly 2 years.spending one half hours in gym each day feeling fantastic….until…

Last week got IUS contraception placed.  Bad move-2 hours after insertion felt symptoms..thought it would settle-didnt-got worse so no Im in the middle of a flare!! So ladies beware the IUS def kicked off a flare for me.  Had it removed after 3 days-which they were extremely unhappy about but I insisted.

Lookin for advice now- have increased Minocin from 3 to 5 days since start of flare but should I take a break after 5 days or keep takin each day  til symptoms settle?

Tryin to keep activities to a minimum- not workin , no gym and only takin natural food /drinks- has anyone tried Devels claw or Tumeric capsules for immflamation?

Is this common to got a lengthy period then have a flare and does the Minocin continue to work…Im afraid that all the good work has been undone and the Minocin wont work any longer. 

Sorry for all the questions -I would really appreciate any advice anyone can give or if you have had a flare after a good period and got better again.  🙂

Many Thanks S

anno
    Participant

sorry I can't advise you on this, but I see nobody has replied so I'm bumping it up so maybe somebody else will.

maz.aust
    Participant

bump from me too …….

ps – there are lots of women who have those symptoms with an IUD & need to have it removed within days .. it may not actually be a flare it could just be a reaction !!

Dec07: Diagnosed PRA, (CTD; Fibromyalgia; suspected Lyme):
    Mar08: Diet to heal gut/bolster immune system (no gluten, dairy, sulphites or sugar)

Jan 2018: ABX Mon/Wed/Fri (started AP 2008)
    1/2 x 150mg Roxithromycin(Biasig), 1/2 x 150mg Clarithromycin (Klacid),
    1/2 x Fungillin, 1 x 250mg Cephalexin (Keflex)

All off days Probiotics

DiamondTNT
    Participant

Hopefully those with experienced answers will be here soon for you.

Have you been tested for other co-infections???

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Sydnie – there has been some discussion about this on the curezone site. Lynnie http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=781794

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

PhilC
    Participant

Hi Sydnie,

I took devil's claw years ago and it did seem to help a little. However, it wasn't too long before its effectiveness seemed to diminish. I guess I developed some tolerance to it; maybe my body became good at breaking down the devil's claw and getting rid of it. Because of that, and the fact that it didn't help all that much, I stopped taking it.

I never tried turmeric, but I did try ginger once. The ginger made me worse, so I stopped taking it very soon after I started.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘ Bit of a warning and a bit of advice r'qd please’ is closed to new replies.