Home Forums General Discussion Benefits of i.v. therapy

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    nord
    Participant

Looking for the benefits of i.v.s as it has been suggested in my case of Lyme arthritis with CNS involvement. The mentioned benefits are higher plasma concentrations (a benefit that I am not so sure of its relevance ? CNS/CSF concentrations being more dependant on the duration, and probably average plasma conc., as far as I've found), and thus efficiency (but then I'd suggest that adding a macrolide is at least as important, or actually more so), and that i.v.s cause less adverse reactions. As Infusions are less attractive from both a financial perspective as well as a practical one, and being less convinced about the superiority of them in therapeutic effect, I'd like to convince myself that they are worthwhile nevertheless. 🙂

The suggested schedule is Hydroxychloroquine 200 mg at night, 200 mg Doxycycline i.v. mornings and 50 mg Minocycline at night (possibly increasing to 100mg reactions allowing). From the second week 500 mg Metronidazole i.v. in the morning, and afternoon, plus 400mg oral at night for ten days. Reevaluation every month.

This is from a German Lyme Dr.

My own idea in advance of the appointment was to get a confirmed Lyme dx and then do oral therapy, initially with NAC, a tetracycline (Doxycycline > Minocycline), a macrolide (azithromycin > Clarithromycin), then pulsing a nitroimidazole (methronidazole > Tinidazole) and possibly Hydroxychloroquine, plus “supplements” (supporting various systems, reducing inflammation, antimicrobal…). Then when good improvement in tendons was seen adding a month or two of gemifloxacin and a few more tweaks (and scaling down again to the less expensive drugs).

Thank you for any input.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘ Benefits of i.v. therapy’ is closed to new replies.