Home Forums General Discussion being a 'difficult patient'

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    frhorngal
    Participant

Found this article absolutely fascinating…some of you may have seen this before…just proves that we have to be our own best advocates!

http://content.healthaffairs.org/cgi/reprint/27/5/1416

RA/Lyme: 100mg Minocin (brand) MWF, 3mg LDN, 10mg CBD- BID

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Great article. Maybe Cheryl would consider finding her and writing to her about AP. Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Goodwife
    Participant

I,too, was fascinated by this article, although sad at her reference of her blog as diaryofadyingmom, – everyone on our site for the most part advocated for their own choices, like she did.  I hope that she can take it one step further and begin AP treatment and not sit back and wait for things to (probably) get worse.  If one of our volunteers doesn't contact her, I will and direct her to our site, along with www. rheumatic.org.  I think this information would be better coming from our volunteers, but I will contact her if I see that is not done. 

Any volunteers, if you are going to contact this woman, please post so that I know you did – you would probably be able to provide her with more complete in formation than I can.

Maz
    Keymaster

Did anyone have problems opening that link? My explorer kept crashing. :blush: Any idea why that might be happening?

Peace, Maz

Jo
    Participant

[user=27]Maz[/user] wrote:

Did anyone have problems opening that link? My explorer kept crashing. :blush: Any idea why that might be happening?

Peace, Maz

It's a PDF document … long ones used to do that to me before I upgraded my computer system.

Maz
    Keymaster

Thanks, Jo…I'll look into that. 🙂

Peace, Maz

orchid
    Participant

This article is me to a T – :roll-laugh::roll-laugh::roll-laugh::roll-laugh:

Not that I WANT to be a difficult patient but I've been forced to be.  I've met with SO many idiot doctors it scares me to think they are practicing medicine.  After one doctor almost killed me (I thought I was having a stroke) with too high a dose of synthroid too soon (my TSH went from a 36 to a 0.006 within one month) — I am very skeptical of anyone in the healthcare field now.  But when I find a good doctor, I know it right away. There are some good ones out there, but unfortunately not enough.  I've had to do so much of my own research, my husband jokes that I should go to med school.  Not something I want to do but I certainly feel like I understand patients and people in pain and their desire to get better more than a lot of doctors I've seen.  Sad. 

superperroRA
    Participant
    orchid
    Participant

I was reading her blog and noticed someone name Sandy left a comment on Sept 2 and mentioned antibiotic treatment. Not sure if she read that comment or looked into (or already tried) AP treatment, it's nice to know so many people are rooting for her.

From her posts, she seems to have a lot of fight in her! She describes herself as an italian who likes to flip the bird! LOL

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘ being a 'difficult patient'’ is closed to new replies.