Home Forums General Discussion Back in Ida Grove- Dr. S is a miracle worker

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    BJK7493@aol.com
    Participant

met wtih the doc this am.  Have systemic yeast infection. started on oral diflucan for 8 days and told me to apply monistat to my rash.  The itching is much better! will be getting 5 days of iv therapy though. Met 2 gals from roadback today.  They are both getting their first treatments.

Julie

mkbeeliever
    Participant

[user=2307]BJK7493@aol.com[/user] wrote:

met wtih the doc this am.  Have systemic yeast infection. started on oral diflucan for 8 days and told me to apply monistat to my rash.  The itching is much better! will be getting 5 days of iv therapy though. Met 2 gals from roadback today.  They are both getting their first treatments.

Julie

So excited for you Julie as I know how bad you were suffering!  Dr S is amazing!  I have never met him but he has really helped us via email and consulted with mom's old PCP.  He didn't have to do any of that…he's such a gem!
    Sounds like a Road Back :roll-laugh: P*A*R*T*A*Y :roll-laugh: in Ida Grove…!  Hope you all get to feeling better soon!  You are in very good hands.  I am thinking about you!

Blessings,
    Michelle

BJK7493@aol.com
    Participant

Thank you so much for all the kind words! I don't know what I would do without all the support of everyone on this website. I look forward to “no itch night” tonight! YAHOO

Kim
    Participant

That is a little RBF PARTY in Ida Grove.  When I was there I was shocked that none of the other people in the infusion room had ever heard of AP or this bulletin board.:shock:  When I asked how they knew about this therapy they said things like, “a friend, or word of mouth.” 

You know we will be expecting a group photo for the “post your picture” thread………right? :blush:

Wishing you all the best results.

Take care……kim

BJK7493@aol.com
    Participant

Thanks Kim.  I will try to arrange it so that we can get a picture.  they both started on Monday and I did not start until today so I will need to try to catch both of them tomorrow!

Julie

mschmidt
    Participant

Julie,

I was fortunate enough to have another RBF member there with me during my first round of clindy iv's in Ida Grove.  I wish you the best of luck with your treatments–please let us know how you feel afterwards:)

Maria

PhilC
    Participant

[user=2307]BJK7493@aol.com[/user] wrote:

met wtih the doc this am.  Have systemic yeast infection.

Hi Julie,

Wow, a systemic yeast infection. That sounds rather serious. What kind of
    probiotics have you been taking? Also, how much mino were you taking?

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

BJK7493@aol.com
    Participant

I was taking 1acidopholus and 200mg mini daily.  Still have the rash but not itching as bad.

sjess
    Participant

Hey Julie,

Sure hate to have left you there! How's it goin'? Is the rash any better? Just a few more treatments and you're done! WooHoo! I'm thinking about you. Please keep in touch.

Sharon

BJK7493@aol.com
    Participant

Hi! It sure does seem lonely here without you guys! Had a set back today and had to be seen in ER.  My potassium was extremely low and making me feel very weird. They ended up giving me potassium in the iv. I was there for 3 hours while it infused.  The rash I think is better. I have 2 more treatments then I can go home tomorrow.  I will have my duaghter post the pictures when I get home.  Glad to hear you are doing good.  Keep in touch!

Julie

ajohnson
    Participant

Julie, I'm so glad you have some anti itch lotion to use. I'm back home from Iowa and will start up taking the mino on Monday morning. I'm hoping I don't have a horrible herx reaction. ajohnson-Olympia

ajohnson
    Participant

Hey Sharon,
    Keep in touch=)
    ajohnson-Olympia

sjess
    Participant

Julie,

So sorry for your set back! Hope you are feeling better today. Glad you are in good hands.

ajohnson,

Glad you got home safely. I was thinking about you and hoping all went well. Hope your herx are manageable.

Take care you guys. It was so great to meet with you! Here's hoping we all see good improvement from our treatments.

Sharon

BJK7493@aol.com
    Participant

Hi, hope you are doing well after starting your minocylline! I still have the rash, I guess it is part of the disease process. It was so nice meeting you in Ida Grove! Remember if you have any questions, please feel free to contact me!

Julie

BJK7493@aol.com
    Participant

Just thought I would check to see how you are feeling. Hope the IV treatments worked well for you!

Julie

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘ Back in Ida Grove- Dr. S is a miracle worker’ is closed to new replies.