Home Forums General Discussion Azithromycin

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    mkbeeliever
    Participant

Does anyone know if the manufacturer making Azithromycin is as important as the manufacturer that makes Minocycline?

Mom's been taking Teva's Zith since February I believe (can't see my signature line to know for sure) and now Walgreens is giving her Wockhardt brand. She takes 250 mg two times per day.

Anyone?

Thanks!
    Michelle

Peach73
    Participant

I know people who are smarter about this than me will answer you…I just wanna say that mine is TEVA.  I hope this other manufacturer will work well for her 🙂  I know Maz will know the answer to your question 🙂

mkbeeliever
    Participant

[user=2089]Peach73[/user] wrote:

I know people who are smarter about this than me will answer you…I just wanna say that mine is TEVA.  I hope this other manufacturer will work well for her 🙂  I know Maz will know the answer to your question 🙂

I already called Walgreens and told them I was bringing it back (based on what you all say I may not have to.) They said OK.  I'll go get if filled elsewhere if I have to.

Thanks Peach!!

Michelle

richie
    Participant

Hi–Teva is an excellent producer of generic drugs —Wockhardt is an Indian mfg of generics –my opinion of drugs from India is well known around here —Your first inclination to return the med is right on !!!!!

richie

Suzanne
    Participant

See if you can get Greenstone anywhere – Pfizer owns them.  I know they make the Zith oral suspension in both the brand and generic.  I made several calls before switching my daughter to the generic and as far as I know it has not changed. 

Mom of teen daughter with Poly JIA since age 2. Current med: azithromycin 250 mg MWF.

louris
    Participant

Just dropped my script off at Costco.  Their website states that they fill this (azithromycin – 250mg) using Teva brand.  I won't know for sure if they will actually use this manufacturer until I pick it up though.  Anyone can use the pharmacy at Costco (regardless of whether you are a member or not).

louris
    Participant

Picked this up yesterday.  It was filled with Sandoz and not Teva.  Argh!

mkbeeliever
    Participant

[user=290]louris[/user] wrote:

Picked this up yesterday.  It was filled with Sandoz and not Teva.  Argh!

I ended up using Kroger to fill hers.  I called to make sure and it was TEVA.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘ Azithromycin’ is closed to new replies.