Home Forums General Discussion Awesome Article, Re: Inflammation & Autoimmune: How To Stop It

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Conniel7777
    Participant

The title of the article is:

HOW TO STOP ATTACKING YOURSELF: 9 STEPS TO HEAL AUTOIMMUNE DISEASE

Wow.. great article! it was a quick read, VERY clear.. to the point, and at the end, an easy outline on what steps to take, and these are all things that are probably 99% do-able by 99% of the population..  all things that you constantly read about on this board.. wow! I am saving this one to my personal files!

Also, if you scroll all the way down, you can read other peoples comments and post your own.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-mark-hyman/how-to-stop-attacking-you_b_657395.html

reesak
    Participant

great article – a friend of mine told me about Dr. Hyman – I believe he has written a book or two – I am going to buy them and read them – I truly believe that this is the way to go to heal our bodies.

ReesaK

mschmidt
    Participant

FANTASTIC article, Connie!!  Thanks for sharing.

Maria

Kim
    Participant

I agree, I think he's really sharp.  I have one of his books, The Ultra Mind Solution, and it's chocked full of good, common-sense advice.  He's all about getting your body working at it's optimal level………..duh, right? 😯  Too bad there aren't more functional medicine docs like him to go around, we'd all be a lot healthier. 😉

Thanks, Connie.

Take care…..kim

jasonjuul
    Participant

Thanks for posting the link Connie. I got a lot out of the article and plan on looking into Functional Medicine for my daughter Rachael. I'm going to pursue things that won't interfere with the medicine she's currently on, such as diet and drinking lots of high quality water. I will embrace any non-pharmaceutical approach to good health I can find and that seem promising.

-JM

Cheryl F
    Keymaster

There is a very good book that my AP doctor recommended last year that is all about functional medicine. The book is titled, The Ultra Mind Solution, and although the focus of the book is not rheumatic illness, the concepts presented are 100 percent applicable. It provided a very good explanation of functional medicine and explains the underlying cellular mechanisms that get out of balance and cause disease. I highly recommend the book as a good overview. Although, the concepts presented in this book would not align with immunosuppressant drug therapy.

Cheryl

Dan_M
    Participant

Connie – thank you very much for posting that link. That's an excellent article. I'm going to be looking into this some more.

Cheryl – hope you're recuperating OK from your root canal.

Dan

Jan Lucinda1
    Participant

Yes, good article about finding the cause of RA.

tbird2340
    Participant

Great article.. Just wish it was easy to find someone who can tell you what it is that may be the cause!

Does this site work for anyone? http://www.functionalmedicine.org

It's not coming up for me.

Thanks, Tom

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=851]tbird2340[/user] wrote:

Does this site work for anyone? http://www.functionalmedicine.org

It's not coming up for me.

Hi Tom,

Strange…this site came up for me just fine. 😕

Peace, Maz

tbird2340
    Participant

Thanks. It came up for me at work.. :S

Wondering if I should go to one of these docs near me in addition to my LLMD…

spfister
    Participant

Wow thanks for the tip on this site.  He has a lot of knowledge, was just listening to his youtube videos.  Much to be learned on there.

spfister

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘ Awesome Article, Re: Inflammation & Autoimmune: How To Stop It’ is closed to new replies.