Home Forums General Discussion Are we all lymies?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    nspiker
    Participant

I'm beginning to think everyone has lyme.:roll-laugh:

Maz, Lynnie, Kim, you've got us all on the lyme wagon…..:P

How BIG is this club going to get? :dude:

nancy

mkay
    Participant

Maybe we do, if you think about it it does make sense…I'm at a point where this all seems so complicated!  When reading the book it all seems so simple, does anyone else ever feel this way?  Just when I get totally down (meaning in pain) which is depressing and scary, low and behold I might have a good day…I think half of it is the swimming upstream, going against (most of) the doctors this makes a person second guess their decision over and over again when your gut is telling you it's right!

Parisa
    Participant

I think when Dr. Brown wrote the book Lyme disease was just coming to light.  There are different strains of Lyme and some of them do respond to a basic protocol of doxy.  Then there are the more virulent strains that combined with co-infections that make the basic protocol not enough.

mkay
    Participant

I'm sure your right Parisa, Dr. Brown was also a “lumper” wasn't he?  Maybe it's time for me to re-read the book, I know everytime I do read it I'm amazed by it 🙂 

Roz
    Participant

Hi Nancy,

Thanks for the laugh. Yes, in my hairdressing opinion alot of us have it. With Co infections involved, it's not like winning the daily double is it?;)

X Roz

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Nancy – yes I think you may be right. In my case, I live in a country where Lyme (or co-infections) are not even recognised as existing at all – not even arguments in the medical community about it. I currently have a doc and naturopath who are convinced that a form of it – and co-infections – exists here along with the belief that it is transmitted by vectors other than ticks. My opinion? My gut tells me that I have a form of it, though probably somewhat different to what you would recognise in the U.S. 

mkay – I know what you mean. It certainly seemed simple to me back in 2003 when I read the book. And it was pretty simple back then for me – I was 5 years on pulsed mino with terrific results. It was only that my RF plunged from 692 then got stuck in the mid-300's, that (although major symptoms had ceased) I could still feel something lurking in my joints and connective tissue, that I eventually decided to see if I could step up the treatment approach – and here I am. It is still a moveable feast for me. These days I kind of look on my body in a similar way to a garden. I have realised that it's not just about planting things, watering and and then leaving them. There's plant type and health, soil type and health, aspect, sun, rain, insects, dramatic weather events and hundreds of other variables which come into play all the time. I am learning all the time and it most certainly is a journey, rather than a destination. Lynnie  

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=30]lynnie_sydney[/user] wrote:

These days I kind of look on my body in a similar way to a garden. I have realised that it's not just about planting things, watering and and then leaving them. There's plant type and health, soil type and health, aspect, sun, rain, insects, dramatic weather events and hundreds of other variables which come into play all the time. I am learning all the time and it most certainly is a journey, rather than a destination. Lynnie  

Lynnie, that statement should be framed and put on a permanent thread – it's the perfect way of describing this journey we are all walking together. Thanks for sharing that.

Peace, Maz

Kim
    Participant

[user=27]Maz[/user] wrote:

[user=30]lynnie_sydney[/user] wrote:

These days I kind of look on my body in a similar way to a garden. I have realised that it's not just about planting things, watering and and then leaving them. There's plant type and health, soil type and health, aspect, sun, rain, insects, dramatic weather events and hundreds of other variables which come into play all the time. I am learning all the time and it most certainly is a journey, rather than a destination. Lynnie  

Lynnie, that statement should be framed and put on a permanent thread – it's the perfect way of describing this journey we are all walking together. Thanks for sharing that.

Peace, Maz

Well said, Lynnie.  It really IS that complex, isn't it?

Take care…..kim

mkay
    Participant

I agree,  well said Lynnie  🙂

nspiker
    Participant

Who ever thought we'd have to become master gardeners….:doh:

I think our voices need to be heard, especially from those of you who have weathered the trenches, and succeeded.   We need an uprising to knock some sense into the medical community, especially infectious disease doctors, who should be treating these infectious, complicated, diseases!  

Who's up for writing a book and going on the media circuit….?

nancy

rajah99
    Participant

[user=1552]nspiker[/user] wrote:

I'm beginning to think everyone has lyme.:roll-laugh:

I was thinking that myself whilst ive been reading the boards in the last few weeks. If most of the people here have RA and other issues caused by Lyme, maybe thats why AP is working for them?

Then what of people who have RA that is not caused by Lyme? Will AP not work for them?

Question : Anyone definitely NOT got Lyme and been successful on AP?

Then my mind goes back to Dr Brown and his treating of 10,000 patients. Surely they couldn't all have had Lyme, right?

Im hoping AP works for those who dont have Lyme, as well as it does for those who do.

Parisa
    Participant

Rajah,

There are other infectious elements like mycoplasma that are not Lyme that can cause autoimmune conditions. 

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘ Are we all lymies?’ is closed to new replies.