Home Forums General Discussion Aqua Therapy

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Eggs
    Participant

Has anyone had aqua therapy? What was the experience like? I am looking into it and it seems interesting and just wanted any info. Thanks =)

jan h. pm crest
    Participant

Hi Eggs,

this is my 2cents worth….

I've had SD since 1999 and every time I get in a pool I feel wonderful.  I have to have something to help me float so I don't get exhausted, but it's incredibly rejuevenatiing. I definitely suggest it. just be careful not to overdue yourself!

enjoy 😀

jan h

linda
    Participant

I had great success with warm water therapy about 4 yrs ago- however, it was combined with acupuncture. It does feel wonderful and you have more range of motion, or I should say, it's less painful to do range of motion stretches and exercises.

linda

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi Eggs….loved water therapy, but the key was “warm” water therapy. The only thing was that when I was really sick, I was put in a group with all the poor old folk who were recovering from strokes and injuries. Actually, some of them were better off than me! Mentally, though, it was very depressing to think of myself as being worse off than people almost twice my age. :crying: On the other hand, physically speaking, it was great for range of motion and safe, resistance exercise…great first step to physical therapy and getting moving again.

Oh…if you're really in pain, you might want to have a friend with you to help you out of your wet bathing suit! I must have been a sight with my stiff fingers, hands, wrists, elbows, shoulders, etc, trying every which way possible to peel it off. Agh…leaving you with that bizarre visual…I give warm water therapy a big thumbs up!

Peace, Maz

Cheryl F
    Keymaster

Eggs:

While not the type of aqua therapy that you are referring to, Jess continued to lap swim throughout the onset of her disease, right through to when she was better and back to national level competition. Most doctors we have seen have mentioned that they believe that her continued water exercise program significantly contributed to her recovery.

Cheryl

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘ Aqua Therapy’ is closed to new replies.