Home Forums General Discussion Apraxia

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Jo
    Participant
    Maz
    Keymaster

Jo, you might find this mother's website interesting:

http://www.nikastoys.com/home.html

Peace, Maz

m.
    Participant

Hi Jo,

Some people think apraxia is the result of too many vaccines—> so many vaccines closely spaced throw the immune system for a loop —>leaky gut can be a problem or gut infections (yeast, not enough good bacteria, food intolerances—> the vaccines themselves may be contaminated with some as of yet identified microbe (viruses, L-forms) —> mercury and/or lead or other environmental toxins can aggravate neurological problems and the immune system.

It sounds like a spider's web to me. But it makes sense that something is off, and the answer is probably not one thing or the other, but many things.

Good luck

Sierra
    Participant

My 19-year-old daughter was diagnosed with apraxia when she was 3. She needed years of speech therapy, but is in college and seems completely normal now. I have never heard of it being associated with autoimmune disorders.

S.

Trudi
    Participant

[user=27]Maz[/user] wrote:

Jo, you might find this mother's website interesting:

http://www.nikastoys.com/home.html

Peace, Maz

Very informative website.  Thanks for sharing–

Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi Trudi,

Yes, thought it was particularly interesting that the mother/author of this website didn't know she had Lyme and had transmitted it, unwittingly, to her boys in utero. There has been much more info coming to the fore about maternal to fetal transmission of Lyme and the serious neurological consequences upon these kids. Although Lyme may not be implicated in Jo's sister's case, it seemed interesting from the infection connection vantage.

Hope everything is okay your way, Trudi, and your good days are outnumbering the not so good!

Peace, Maz 

Jo
    Participant
    Maz
    Keymaster

[user=465]Jo[/user] wrote:

I've considered suggested the AP, since I personally don't believe that the body initiates inflammation for no reason.  And treated the inflammation does not treat the cause that triggered it.

Hi Jo,

I happen to agree with you. I also don't think inflammation just happens. Back in the day, when I studied sciences at school, I was taught that inflammation is caused by infection or injury. Of course, things are more complicated now with the molecular mimickry theories, but I believe that these theories just add a new dimension to perpertuation/persistence of infectious causes.

The reason I sent the website above is because Lyme has been linked, as an infectious cause to apraxia, and this particular mother strongly believes that her undiagnosed Lyme was passed in utero to her children. I think this example is a pretty good argument for infectious causes for apraxia, as one example, and why it may well respond to AP.

Btw, as I read through your list of the “parent recommended cure,” it reminded me of Lorenzo's Oil. Ever see that movie? The parents worked on a cure for their son's demyelinating disease and their formulation included oleic and erucic acid, which are triglyceride, long chain fatty acids. Subsequent to their findings, many kids with this devastating disease, in the early stages of their disease, have had remarkable benefit from this combination. Later disease, however, is not as responsive to this treatment.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lorenzo%27s_oil

Peace, Maz

Jo
    Participant
    Jo
    Participant
    Maz
    Keymaster

[user=465]Jo[/user] wrote:

Maybe it would be better to simply suggest the tests?

Yes, why not? Although it can be expensive and testing isn't an accurate science…as you know, it may confirm, but not exclude infectious causes. She'd have to be willing to do the research (infectious causes) for herself and then decide what she believes.

The mother in the above link describes her experience of the pediatric Lyme doc, Dr J, who works out of New Haven, CT. He's treating her boys for apraxia with antibiotics. This might be a place to begin…to call his offices and see what they think about her son's condition. Dr J is currently the only pediatric doc in the country who treats Lyme and unfortunately has been targeted for license removal. However, he is well-loved and respected and the whole Lyme community is raising the money for his defense. He is still currently practicing, I understand, so may be worth putting a call in to figure out what steps for testing may be worthwhile or not. That is, if antibiotic therapy is a route your sis decides to take. 😉 

Worthy of note…it's quite hard to find docs willing to prescribe antibiotic therapy to children, because the studies are few and far in-between. Dr J, however, is one of the few out there willing to do this, because he's had such success treating some pretty seriously ill kids.

Peace, Maz

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘ Apraxia’ is closed to new replies.