Home Forums General Discussion AP Works! Encouragement for NEWBIES

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Michele
    Participant

Hi all,

It's been 11 months since my RA dx. I wanted to repost this link. It was part of my decision to go with an antibiotic therapy approach for my new RA dx. This is a radio show that Dr. M talks about treating his wife to recovery using AP…along with over 5000 other patients! The topic is about 1/2 inch in from the left into the show where a woman calls in asking about how to treat her RA and that she's on methotrexate.

Good Stuff. And I also just became aware of his blog thanks to Suzanne!!! It has a recent picture of him and his wife riding tandem bicycle. Don't they look amazing for a retired couple and one with “RA?” 🙂 Amazing couple!

His reassuring radio show telling their story gave me so much hope. I wanted to repost it again because it is so meaningful to me.

http://www.drmirkin.com/mp3s/hour22.mp3

http://www.drmirkin.com/images/tandemVA.jpg

And for more yay rah sis boom bah…
    It's been an almost painfree day! Like a .5 on the 1-10 scale and only in a couple places. (Oh yes, I still have to do the herx thing for MP, but I'm likin' this alot!!!! ) This “treat the cause and not the symptoms” works for me!!!! :cool::cool::cool: For you newbies, I was almost disabled and in a hypersensitive state from Oct 07 – April 08. Pain was in every joint, ribs, spine, and muscles. It hurt to breathe! These good folks here kept me getting through those tough times. Today was my first day back to work fulltime and I'm dancing in the hallways. I know I'll have tough days, but this is sure an improvement. I'm also taking 100 mg mino now alternate days. Up from 3 mg in early April because that's all I could stand. 😀

Cheryl F., I'll never forget our chat last Septemer. I wasn't going to go to the ground breaking ceremony because I figured my career was over and I'd never step onto these stages. You gave me so much HOPE that I changed my mind and attended the ground breaking ceremony for our new performing arts center. It's due to open in 1 1/2 years. Check out this website.

http://www.jmu.edu/performingartscenter/webcam/
    This is where the construction progression is currently for the Performing Arts Center. It's better to see while there is daylight! The webcam is attached to the building I currently work in. While the new building is a work in progress…so am I. I am going to go practice NOW so I'm ready to perform in these facilities!!! (Yes, I can breathe well enough again to play my wind instrument!!!)

THANKS ALL YOU RBF-ers!!!!!!

Blessings are truly many! And the many blessings are the courageous people found in this website BB.

There IS a road back.

Michele

Trudi
    Participant

Michele–

That was quite some post :roll-laugh:!!  Wonderful to read you are doing so well–continued success to you!

Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

Patti D
    Participant

Hi Michele,

What a post! Congrats on feeling so good:D You give me hope. I started AP the same time you did 11/07. I think I am doing much better but oh I wish I was 100%.Thanks for sharing. It is so important to all of us when there is success!!

Happy days!

Patti

Cheryl F
    Keymaster

Michele:

Your post gave me goosebumps!  I remember that we ended up talking not because you needed info on AP, you were getting that from the BBoard and website, but you had an issue with the bboard and it was posting a bunch of private info even though you weren't typing it in, we never did figure that one out! 

It was great to talk to you and I really mean it when I tell people they can get better, even though some have to find a more specialized path, as in your case, the answers are out there, you just have to figure it out and be open to whatever makes sense.

Congratualtions on your accomplishment of being there to watch the progress on this crown jewel of the campus. 

John McDonald was there for me when I first contacted RBF, he held my hand emotionally as we prepared to travel to Boston.  It made it so much nicer, to have the hope that he provided, helped me more than anyone can ever imagine.  I was so stressed during that time, there were honestly times I couldn't remember my own name.  Seriously, a couple time I would be writing a check and I would get down to the botton right, you know, that blank line, and I couldn't remember my name.  A couple times I did know my name but I wrote it with an “S”, where did that come from, I don't know, I just know that I don't think I could have survived an ounce more stress, and having John's support during those days was very important to my survival.

Thanks to all the RBFers who came before me.

Cheryl

Maz
    Keymaster

Michele, I'm just elated to 'hear' the elation in your post!!! To finally be back to playing your wind instruments once again…well, if ever there was a sign that you're on the mend, it's got to be that. It must have torn your heart out to think you may never play again…but look at you! That's just the best news…thanks so much for sharing with us!!!!  😀

Peace, Maz

Parisa
    Participant

It's amazing how fast our worlds can turn upside down and then when you think there's no return you end up on the other side.  Congratulations!

Kim
    Participant

So happy for your continued improvements, Michele.  Hope your transition back to work will be smooth sailing from now on.  Those good days sure make it easier to handle the bumps that inevitably come our way on this crazy journey.

Take care……..kim

Goodwife
    Participant

Great post, Michele – you were fortunate to make such quick and definite improvements!  Keep up the amazing posts, it will be so encouraging to others who have just begin this journey.

Jennhere
    Participant

~You're an inspiration. ~  Your post will help others to take that first step. 

Jenn:)

Michele
    Participant

The road back is a journey that is doable when everyone joins hands and walks the path together! That way when someone stumbles, they never fall.

Cheryl, that's right! I'm sure the computer glitch was me allowing cookies to activate. Thank you for solving the problem for me. John McD is so knowledgable and supportive. You “introduced” him to me in that phone call, too. And since then his encouragement and strength has pulled me through some pretty low periods, too!

Thanks for catching me when I fall everyone!

Michele

muimui
    Participant

thanks for the inspiration, God bless

Mia

lajones2
    Participant

I'm new but old to this site.  I am a very private and introverted person, but this RA has forced me to connect with others for info.  Thanks for the posting.  I am due to go to Ida Grove on Sept 22 and your comments keep me motivated!

Love and Health

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi LaJones2,

Thanks for popping your head is to say hello!!! 😀 So great you're on your way to see one of the best AP docs out there! Please do come back and tell us about your experiences in Ida Grove. These health travelogues are such an inspiration to others when trying to decide what to do. I sit and read them and wish wish I was going, too! Do you think you could tuck me in your suitcase? :roll-laugh:

Peace, Maz

lajones2
    Participant

You know Maz, I can't believe that this treatment has gone so long without its proper recognition!  I have made a vow to find a way to spread this.  I have bought every Road Back book I can find.  I have been looking for companies that do IV treatment here in Chicago.  I haven't even tried this method but do you know how something just feels right?  Girl, I've been praying for revelation and answers to this hurdle.  I have been told by insensitive doctors that if I don't start the harsher meds soon, I will be deformed forever!!!  I will not accept this diagnosis! 

Anyway,  I heard that Dr. S will be retiring as of Jan 09 and I feel very fortunate to have found him when I did.  I have placed myself in serious debt with alternative doctors who are really just guessing themselves and trying to help but this mycoplasma thing is real! So I count down each day until Iowa. So if you need to hop in my suitcase feel free!!!:cool:

LJ

Maz
    Keymaster

LJ….I might just take you up on that offer! 😉  It's been 21 months for me now and I'm just beginning to feel human again most days. I wish I could have started with IVs, but…as I mentioned in another post…I would have had to be put on a stretcher and medivacced to Iowa. I wonder if Dr S has a helicopter pad on the hospital roof? :roll-laugh: Tell him an admirer from afar thinks it might be a good idea!

Seriously, though, you're going to be in the best hands with Dr S. Keep the faith and hang in there, LJ!!! I'm cheering you on from CT and will keep you in my thoughts and prayers!

Peace, Maz

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘ AP Works! Encouragement for NEWBIES’ is closed to new replies.