Home Forums General Discussion AP work for Osteoarthritis

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    judy cash
    Participant

Hello to Everyone,

I have had a lot of people ask me if AP works for Osteoarthritis.  I say, I don't think so, but then I started looking through my TNAB book, and on page 12 it says that a Dr. reports that Doxycycline has been proven beneficial in treating Osteo.  I also sent Dr. S. an e-mail, and he said that he had no experience with using Doxy. for Osteo, but that it wouldn't hurt to give it a try, if anyone wanted to.  

My question to you all is “what do you all know about this , names of Dr. who uses this, maybe dose amounts, etc.” I would really like to give these people, who ask, some good information, I just don't know what to tell them.   Any comments would be helpful.

Thanks, Love you all!!!!!!

Judy

Randy
    Participant

Hi Judy,

What a timely post!  I'm in Columbia, SC to het my L hip resurfaced tomorrow.  This is a modern day total hip replacement surgery. And I'm here because I've had L hip OA since '95.  I got SD in '07 and I started AP (including some doxy) in in '08. I sure was hoping AP would help my OA, and perhaps it did slow it down some or a bunch. 

Randy

Diffuse SD since Apr '07
    AP since Feb '08
    100mg Mino twice daily
    Stopped Clindamycin IVs Aug 2019
    "No one should profit over someone else's illness"

judy cash
    Participant

Hi Randy,

I'm still BRAIN FOGGY< but do you mean that you really don't think it helped that much since, you are having (HRS). It does look like if it works for Osteo, that you would not be bad enough to have to have surgery, RIGHT??? Am I getting what you are saying? It would be great if I could tell people,yes it works for Oster. also.

Thanks for your quick reply, and good luck on your surgery. I'll keep you in my thoughts. Best Wishes.

Judy

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘ AP work for Osteoarthritis’ is closed to new replies.