Home Forums General Discussion AP vs. MP

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    krazykrow
    Participant

Is the major difference the inconvenience that it can put on your life. Staying out

of the sun, diet restrictions etc… Does the MP method have quicker results due to

its infringement on your lifestyle? I read the MP guidline on the website, it almost

appears to be a furthering of Dr. Brown's work by someone alive and involved

in the development and improvement upon an idea created a long time ago.

Jon

Elijuh
    Participant

Hi, Jon,

I have been on both AP and MP and I think MP may be a little faster but I am not sure.  I think a better way to put it is it goes a little deeper.  It gets to more of the bacteria.  I am now 44. When I was 11 I came down with my first case of pneumonia. Thereafter for the next 30 + years I got either bronchitis or pneumonia or both every year at least twice a year.  So that is 60 or more cases of pneumonia/bronchitis.  Okay even I'm shocked now.  I've never put that down on paper quite like that before.  Since I started MP I haven't had a single case of either one.  Heck I only had one cold that lasted for 3 days.  14 months with no respiratory infection.  Lemme tell ya …it feels good.

I know that isn't a definitive answer but hey, it's 10:45 pm and my butt is going to bed.  Blessings! Sweet dreams!

I also am on both.  You only stay out of the sun etc. if your D levels are right down which mine were.   The Zithromax every 10 days has made a great deal of difference to me that is for sure.  I feel as though it is repairing the damage that was done all over my body and for that I am extremely grateful.  It has not been that inconvenient.  What was more inconvenient was being on the couch all day.  At least now I am gathering speed and energy level is rising, which would never have happened without the Zith.  Hope this helps

I would not recommend anyone with a life threatening condition to use every second day treatment.  If you feel your body needs it every day then do that.  You are the only one who knows. These diseases are a medicos nightmare. I am fortunate to have a Rheumy who understands they do not know everything and after showing him both Henry's books allows me a bit of rope which I have needed from time to time. I hope yours does the same.

John McDonald is the best person to explain this to you and he probably will come in and talk to you about it when he can.

Michele
    Participant

Jon,

My conclusion was the same as yours. Marshall is a researcher who has taken Dr. Brown's work and is studying it through the most current molecular modelling. I started with AP first because it was a less complicated protocol. But, my CWD are really susceptible to mino and I'm looking to Benicar to modulate the immune response. I'll know soon how that works for me. John McDonald is fabulous at explaining the history and science behind both protocols. He's had success with both protocols and brings hope to us all!

Rosemary,

Your point about making the treatment work for you is so important. I have to remind myself of that so often. It's hard to be your own lab experiment! I'd like to go back to elementary school science projects where it was only the “eww” factor of cutting into starfish! So are you working with the antibiotics without Benicar?

Elizabeth,

Your posts are so encouraging and interesting! I have the same kind of pneumonia / bronchitis health history…but I've never counted them up. I think you win with more lung infections overall. Not something to desire, for sure! Seeing the MP posting about the antibiotics that actually encourage formation of CWD (ie rocephin and cephalasporins) was really eye-opening. Those were the antibiotics I received after amoxicillan gave me a rash when I was 14.

My question for you is did you have a lot of rib cage pain or lung involvement as MP moved the CWD out of that area of your body?

I'm in the Benicar only phase and doing much better than on mino alone. Crossing my fingers, Benicar will help control the mino herx as a palliative agent! Phase I begins in about a week. Benicar was an easy transition and I don't have severe photophobia. 40% Noirs are too dark inside. But those 2% Noirs sure feel great in daylight! I don't wander out uncovered, though!

We are the same age! Did you see the recent Newsweek article about the class of '82? It's actually an article about the divorce generation…but interesting in how they chose our graduating year. My husband is the same age and we were commenting that the people in the photo didn't look “that” old. :roll-laugh:

In the mean time, I'm hoping to kick those CWD out effectively and return to health! Keep posting your AP/MP experiences!!! So helpful to many!

Michele

Most of us are playing it by ear, we have to. There are not two of us the same yet usual treatment treats everyone the same. Yes I am on the Benicar but only 3 per day.  Could not take four. It is extremely important to keep the inflammation down as well.   Val can only take 1 per day so she is doing that – her own choice. She started on 3 .  Her blood pressure drops too low if she takes too many. They tell you not to ramp up but I would not try taking four if you were really ill just in case. Best not to be frightened of it just be sensible about it.  If you are strong and in the early stages its probably o.k.  I wonder if John knows if the Zith gets into the bone marrow.  For the MP to be a cure it would have to..  Well I am just coasting along daily doing my best and I guess that is the best any of us can do. I have to take mino daily end of story.  Marshall also says not to take Diflucan but I have to have that or I am in big trouble It is best for Mycoplasma and Lyme patients – Would not be able to continue on without a systemic. It is the reason many people drop out because of fungus, not realising that is what is the problem. I am sure other systemics help also. Thing is to make sure you get both the Candida and the abx fungus Diflucan does not seem to get the Candida for Val so I told her about some of the guys using Lamisil. I used to have Candida extremely badly but I guess with the different types I have used, must have cleared it up. It is all a bit confusing not just for a new person either. I had pneumonia symptoms in the very beginning with commencement of abx. and when I added the Zith and Benicar year 6, it knocked me around a bit plus I was getting chest pains which is normal apparently – part of turning the ship around. Had had 5 yrs on the A/P protocol before adding a few more which I think was the way to go for me. It just came along at the right time. I would recommend anyone with ENT problems (ear, nose & throat ) use the 10 day Zith even if you do not use the Benicar.  Especially in Aust. where the Myco is hounding us all. Most do not know they have it or even what it is. We are suffering here with terrible heart disease because the Zith has not been used in the past & chronic CFS,  plus the Clamydia is spreading. Hav learnt a lot from you guys in the States.

Tiff
    Participant

[user=134]Rosemary Perth Aust.[/user] wrote:

Val can only take 1 per day so she is doing that – her own choice. She started on 3 .  Her blood pressure drops too low if she takes too many.

Hi Rosemary,

I was wondering what Val thought too low was, exactly.  I read about someone who was quite horrified when their BP dropped to 96/60, so I know people get really scared by that.  Well, that is a completely normal BP for me!  Mine dropped to 88/56 while I was taking Benicar Q4h during the second week.  I felt perfectly fine as far as BP (still had joint pain like crazy though).  I never would have even thought to take it if I had not been curious.  I try to remember to be careful when I get up fast, but I never remember and rarely do I feel anything from it, no more than I ever did.  But, between the low BP and being slightly anemic, I have stopped any effort to exercise for now (as if I could anyway).  I figure my muscles would give out too fast with no blood and no oxygen in the blood :roll-laugh:!

Frankly, I can't tell much of anything from the Benicar, but since I have been able to drop my mino to a fraction of what I was on previously without completely exploding in pain (no more than before, less pain more often), then I do think it is up to something; that it has anti-inflammatory properties just like they say, and that something has changed for better or for ill.  I'm counting on better.

Tiff Val gets very severe drops apparently I will tell her about your quotes.  She has tried very hard to take it but apparently she cannot get through the day so she just takes the one at night. She feels it is better than nothing. She is also very giddy from the 200mg. of mino per day which she needs.  Unfortunatley her computer is down so she cannot get in to see what is going on.  At the moment she has stopped all treatment because of the fungal problems and having a break.

What on earth do you guys take for the fungus of the Zith and clinda we find it pretty harrowing coping fungal wise. Cannot believe you do not need to take something for it. Since I have put the Diflucan up to 200mg. per day by taking one morning and one at night I am a lot better.  Had to increase that gradually also.  I have been able to drop the cephalosporin now completely so that is a big plus and helping as well. I still need the bactrim DS though for the osteomylitis but have stretched it out to every third day instead of every second unless I need it sooner. Getting better daily so Will just keep chugging. Val & I find it wonderful to be able to phone each other about things and I would recommend it to all of you.  It is comforting to have someone on the treatment in close contact especially if your condition is life threatening.  We live miles apart but the phone helps enormously. I will stop the Omesarten once my immune system recovers though. Do not want to take anything I do not need. It is helping at the moment.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘ AP vs. MP’ is closed to new replies.