Home Forums General Discussion ap & leaky gut

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    tish
    Participant

can leaky gut  be treating along side of having ap therapy?

DianeWI
    Participant

Hi Tish,

Leaky gut may be a huge problem for many of us.  I also would like to know what to do about it.  I was diagnosed with Leaky Gut back in the 80's already.  I didn't know what to do for it then and I don't now either, outside of taking digestive enzymes and loads of acidophalus.

Diane/WI

tish
    Participant

dianne, what kind of symptoms do you have with leaky gut?

I had to have a pancreatic enzyme which I have taken for 10 yrs to help everytime I ate anything.  (5 capsules)   My gut has just recently healed after years of abx therapy. Sure is great to be able to not worry about bottles of pancrease ( Creon 10,000) was what I had to change to over here when the pancrease was no longer available.  that way you make sure you get all the nutrients from your food, and don't fade away to a shadow like I did.  I was not a cealiac was tested for that. Mine was cause by bacteria I am sure of that, so I guess it is a matter of getting the no's down.  I have been trying very hard to overcome it all and it is paying off. It is a long hard road that is for sure but with all this support I am sure you can do it also.

I had helicobactor for years untreaded, was pretty ornorant in those days about why I was so bloated.  It is a wonder I did not get stomach cancer. I saw a couple of really bad cases at holistic Dr's because of its neglect. A good idea to get a breath test if you suspect it as it does not always show in blood tests.

tish
    Participant

rosemary, been thinking h. pylori was a possibility, but supposedly had negative result in oct. 2007.  now not sure.  i am taking mastic gum for my stomach now.  hope it helps.

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Tish – I have copied the extract below from my journal that I posted in “Personal History and Progress”  section. It is what my AP Doc told me about the resultant overall symptoms of leaky gut. Physically, it can increase pain in the joints  and connective tissue and put stress on the organs. Leaky gut can come from dietary sensitivities and/or long term use of pain medications that adversely affect the lining of the gut (ibuprophen is one). There is alot of info on various causes and symptoms of this online. Below is the overall picture she painted for me: 

She told me that I most definitely would have leaky gut after 20 years of this condition and gave me a diagrammatic explanation of what happens to the body with leaky gut. She then said the result of long-term leaky gut is: ?You get anxious quite often. You don?t sleep well, you sometimes wake with anxiety during the night and you never or rarely feel like you have had enough sleep. On the other hand, if I waved a wand and gave you 20 hours of sleep, you?d still wake up tired to some degree.  Physiologically, your body is permanently in fight or flight mode, which puts a good deal of strain on your adrenals and your overall physical, psychological and emotional state.  It means that you don?t respond well to accumulated stress. With too much stress, you find it hard to make decisions, become overwhelmed, become extremely irritable or just shut down.”

BTW, my understanding is that probiotics dont heal a leaky gut, they are preventative. Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

One of the worst things about leaky gut is the shocking weight loss from mal absorption.  Also I used to gather a very hard substance around and at the back of my lower teeth.  A holistic Dr. told me that this was the reason. I also was diagnosed by a live blood analyst.  There were many bacteria responsible for mine. All sero negative so this could happen to anyone even after tests say there is nothing there. However with being very strict with the no starch or sugar diet and no alcohol whatsoever or fruit things are falling gradually into place.  It is hard but will be worth it if it does rid me of the problems permenantly.  Also I hope help to raise awareness to the infectious theory, so others do not go through what I had to to get help and relief. .

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘ ap & leaky gut’ is closed to new replies.