Home Forums General Discussion AP for scleroderma

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    tinamills
    Participant

Hi, I was on here earlier and recieved some great advice from others with my situation. I think Vonni helped me.  My Kaiser Doc by the grace of God is giving me Doxy at my request. I printed him Roadback info and gave him the bool by Hemry Scammel.  Kaiser does not have Minocycline under my coverage. Is Doxy 100 mg twice a day still ok? I just started it the day our daughter got married Sept 25. A lot to celebrate that day but now I do feel more of everything as far as symptoms go. GI is really weirding out. I feel a sort of anxiety which was a symptom a few years ago that went away.  And super fatigued..Horrible joints which makes me take more tramadol for the time being. I would like reassurance that this is normal as I have heard of a herxing that I think is already happening. And how long will this last.  I thank the good Lord for this site!!!!!!

Steve201
    Participant

if my memory is correct…doxycycline is usually prescribed for dental procedures and at large dosages….mainly because it has a short life span…

that's why most people prescribe minocycline or tetracycline…

Steve

Parisa
    Participant

Tina,

I think it's great that you were able to get your Kaiser doctor on board.  That said, if I were you I would ask him to write you a prescription for minocycline and pay out of pocket for it.  Some people here get it for a decent price from an online pharmacy in Canada. 

If you had a different condition like RA, I would say go ahead and try the doxy.   However, minocycline specifically has proven to be very effective with scleroderma and scleroderma is a truly horrible beast and you need to do all in your power to get on top of it. 

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Tina – I agree with what Parisa has suggested. Why risk something when we are talking about a very serious disease? The reputable online pharmacy alot of people here purchase their brand minocin from is http://www.buylowdrugs.com and are very happy with the service and price. The website explains what you have to do with your script etc and will give you the price, which I believe is around 86US dollars for 100 x 50 mg capsules and 165USD for 100 x 100mg capsules. Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

tinamills
    Participant

Thanks for responding!  I now need to prepare to stear doc in Monocycline direction. Is your stomach trashed? I have Watermelon Stomach after being told I had an ulcer and then gastritis.  I have not been tested for Lymes yet. I am actually too tired to take another step right now as I continue to work for benifits.  I will cling to roadback and learn.    Tina 

Parisa
    Participant

Tina,
    make sure you are taking a good probiotic

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

[user=2577]tinamills[/user] wrote:

I have Watermelon Stomach after being told I had an ulcer and then gastritis.  I have not been tested for Lymes yet. I am actually too tired to take another step right now as I continue to work for benifits.  I will cling to roadback and learn.    Tina 

Tina – something I have found immensely helpful for my gut and that you might want to look into is Aloe Vera Juice. My Sydney naturopath tells me that alot of his patients take it whilst on chemotherapy to protect the lining of their gut. From my own experience, I noticed the difference within 12 hours of starting to take it. I take 1 dessert spoon morning and one evening. The brand I take is Lifestream which is New Zealand based but am sure there will be a good U.S. one. Lynnie   

http://www.aloe-vera-studies.org/aloe-vera-juice.php

Be well! Lynnie

rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

tinamills
    Participant

I will take Aloe Vera for gut.  I do take probiotics  with a shake from Ruby Reds a mix with lots of vitamins. Is the probiotic to counter antibiotic?

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

[user=2577]tinamills[/user] wrote:

Is the probiotic to counter antibiotic?

Tina – the probiotic is to help re-populate the gut with beneficial bacteria that may be lost when taking abx. There is some good information at this link. http://nccam.nih.gov/health/probiotics/Lynnie 

Be well! Lynnie

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘ AP for scleroderma’ is closed to new replies.