Home Forums General Discussion AP Fights SD

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    BrendanG
    Participant

I have been on AP for around 18 weeks now and despite a few flucuations, I feel that we are beating SD

It's a damn shame others are denied access to this approach when conventional medicines offer no hope.

Went to my rhuemy last week and she confessed she expected me to get worse – not better! She reckons the methotextrate is the reason and AP and infrared lamp therapy are harmless activities of little value.

Keep fighting all!

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Good on you Brendan! That's not an unusual response from a rheumie, they do tend to stay right inside the conventional box, even when results do contradict it. At least you are able to get the mino. Some very good news indeed! :DLynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Mumof3
    Participant

That's awesome news Brendan. I was wondering how you were doing. I'm so glad to hear you are doing well!

Take care!

mkbeeliever
    Participant

Thanks for the uplifting post and giving us all hope!  Congratulations on your progress!  Here's to kicking some scleroderma booty!

Kim
    Participant

Thank you so much for posting, Brendan.  I was worried about you too because it sounds like you did get worse before you saw any improvement.  When that happens it takes guts to carry on when there are no guarantees.

Your 18 weeks is close to when I started noticing changes (mine was at about 4 months).  First is to stop the progression and then you'll start seeing some reversal of symptoms………..never fast enough, I know. 🙁

Good work! 🙂

kim

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘ AP Fights SD’ is closed to new replies.