Home Forums General Discussion AP Experiences

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    greeno
    Participant

I'm going to be starting AP soon, and was hoping some people could let me in on their experiences with the protocol. I hear of some people having stomach complaints with the antibiotics, and I'm particularly interested to hear if anyone has been able to overcome this problem.

It would be great to hear from people who have had complete, or close to, recoveries.

Goodwife
    Participant

Hi greeno,

My hubby has been on AP for 17 months now.  He was dx with SD Aug '06.   He takes probiotics daily, which will have the good bacteria in your stomach and prevent yeast.  The first 4-5 months things got worse instead of better.  Which can be frustrating and upsetting, but be patient.  You may not have this experience, although I believe a lot of people do.  Improvements will be gradual – not immediate so be patient.  You may also experience cold-like symptoms (runny nose, achy, etc.) that also happened with him, as well as others.  Be patient and optimistic.  Good Luck to you!

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=365]greeno[/user] wrote:

It would be great to hear from people who have had complete, or close to, recoveries.

Hi Greeno,

This is a great question and one that is asked many times by newcomers. Although some of the 'AP old timers' who have had “complete, or close to, recoveries” still drop by on occasion, most are now getting on with their lives and don't need to frequent the bulletin board, which is wonderful! 😀

So, as part of an effort to help newbies, RBF has only recently set up a “Personal Progress” thread section, which can be found by logging in first to the bulletin board and is right under the “General Discussion” link (which can be read without logging in).

http://www.rbfbb.org/view_forum.php?id=3

We only have 5 Personal Progress Threads started, so it's hoped that everyone that feels comfortable to do so will share their AP journeys on this section of the BB. This is so that newcomers can see how APers have progressed over time as well as to gauge one's own progress.

These personal threads aren't intended to replace all the AP success testimonials on the RBF main site, but to just offer some insight as to all the different roads back that individuals may choose to take….AP is the central theme of these, of course, but many will use supportive adjunct therapies, supplements, special diets, etc., which can also be helpful to learn about.

There was a lot of positive feedback about starting the Personal Progress Threads when Jenn first suggested it a couple months ago, so just sending out an encouraging reminder to everyone to please take a few moments to jot down your AP story thus far. Just think how many new bulletin board members it would help and who would love to hear how you're doing!

Peace, Maz

Forum Admin
    Keymaster

The best place to see the full story of people who have fully (or nearly fully) recovered from AP is the Testimonials section on the RBF website. 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘ AP Experiences’ is closed to new replies.