Home Forums General Discussion AP doc near Ohio

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Laura P
    Participant

I have been out to see Dr. S. in Iowa 3 times. Each time I have the IV treatment I feel better. The length of time between flare ups is longer and longer. The cost to get to Iowa is more than I can handle right now. Does anyone know of a doctor within driving distance of Ohio (5-6) hours that is doing the IV treatments? Dr. T in Parma does not seem to be doing them.

Also, I have noticed that my flare up seem to occur after a very stressful situation or stressful period of time. Is this the case for anyone else? Has anyone ever taken some sort of medicine to keep stress under control? I have a very stressful job and changing that is not an option. I was just wondering if anyone else takes something to keep them leveled out.

Any suggestions would be very helpful! Thanks!!

tbird2340
    Participant

Laura, I go to Dr T in Parma and while I have never gotten IV's she mentioned the first time I seen her that she didn't think I needed them (I took it as if I did she would have wrote a script for them)..

Are you sure she won't?

Laura P
    Participant

I called there today. Not sure if it is new that she won't.

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Laura – my AP doc believes stress relief is an integral and very important part of the treatment and advocates meditation or similar. If you are a busy type A personality, meditation may seem a hard call or even a waste of time. My personal experience with it is that it is brilliant for giving the mind a break and for going into deep relaxation – the benefits of which last well beyond those 20 to 30 minutes. It does take time both to fully let go and to feel the benefits. Like the AP journey, the benefits are generally glacial…..they creep up on you until one day you just notice that you feel differently. It can feel quite uncomfortable to start with, as we become aware in the quiet just how much “noise” there is in our heads. It is a “being” state rather than a “doing” one and requires dropping the need to 'get anywhere' – which is an alien concept to most of us. A great way to start is through guided imagery. There are plenty of CD's on the market. If you're game to try it, I'd pick a couple that appeal to you and simply earmark some quiet time to listen and luxuriate in the relaxation, preferably several times a week. Lynnie    

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=834]Laura P[/user] wrote:

Does anyone know of a doctor within driving distance of Ohio (5-6) hours that is doing the IV treatments? Dr. T in Parma does not seem to be doing them.

Hi Laura,

There are a number of AP docs in MI offering IV therapy. Is travel to this state an option for you?

According to the AP doc list there is a Dr in Powell, Ohio who is a Doctor of Osteopathy who will offer IVs only (no orals). Worth checking to see if he will work with Dr S?

Peace, Maz

Laura P
    Participant

Thanks! I can certainly travel to MI. Detroit is only 2 1/2 hours from me so most of the state is do-able. I will check into some of them. This may sound like a dumb question, but I cannot find the doctor list. Where can I access this list?

dianaw
    Participant

I JUST SPOKE WITH dR. M's office in Powell, Ohio and they said that Dr. M passed away. Dr. R.M is now taking over his practise and is doing IV'S although he does not accept insurance. Best, Diana

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=834]Laura P[/user] wrote:

Thanks! I can certainly travel to MI. Detroit is only 2 1/2 hours from me so most of the state is do-able. I will check into some of them. This may sound like a dumb question, but I cannot find the doctor list. Where can I access this list?

Laura, I'll send you a PM with this list. Just go to top righ tof this page and click where it will say “You have 1 new message.”

Diana, thanks for the update!!!

Peace, Maz

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘ AP doc near Ohio’ is closed to new replies.