Home Forums General Discussion AP and Results

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Healer
    Participant

Hello All!
    Trust this does not come up twice as my former writing just disappeared…. hmmmm.
    If any of you are so inclined, please write to me about the length of time you have been on AP for RA and the results you have experienced.
    I have been experiencing RA for 2.5 years, was totally disabled and got to a relatively good place thru lymph drain, diet, supplements, and hypnosis. Doing nothing conventional. Now something is negatively different and I am exploring AP.
    Thank you!!!! 🙂

Cheryl

BeatingRA
    Participant

Hi Cheryl,

I have had RA for 10 years.  I have been on AP twice and reached remission both times.  The first time, right after I was diagnosed, I was on AP for only 10 months and then my doctor decided to stop prescribing it because he thought it made my white blood count drop.  By that time I was in remission, was only seeing him once a year and I was off all meds.  Four years ago, I had a bad flare and restarted AP with a different doctor.  It took about 18 months but I reached remission again.  I'm still on AP and in remission.  I don't think I'll ever go off of AP again.

Best of luck to you.

Theresa

Healer
    Participant

Thanks, Theresa, that helps a lot to know the direct consequence for you. Here's to a life of comfortable spontaneous and blissful movement! Normality here we come (whatever that is…but think it is free and comfortable).

Joy,
    Cheryl

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi Cheryl,

If you have a moment, I've documented the first couple of years of my progress on antibiotic therapy in the link in my sig line below. I do need to update it and will do so soon. I had a bit of a set-back last year (explained in my Progress Thread), but back on track now and doing well at about the 95% mark most days. I started with very severe, explosive RA in every joint.

Peace, Maz

Healer
    Participant

I will refer back to your thread. Thanks! The numbers and such are greek to me. Seems I have another learning curve coming in getting involved with an MD….ha!
    Let me get this straight: Minocin induced lupus, yet you are back on it? Woman, you have been thru it.

I was that bad at the start and for about 5 months. My Chiro guy really worked with me. He's also rheumatoid, but not in the hands. He's used himself and wife (psoriatric RA) to test out things. I feel he has contributed to my continued wellbeing and knowledge immeasurably.
    When you get to a certain level of “better” you take chances and relax the religious discipline (at least I do). Lately he's found me even more resistive, so I believe I need something else.
    Do you work?

Joy,
    Cheryl

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=2422]Healer[/user] wrote:

I will refer back to your thread. Thanks! The numbers and such are greek to me. Seems I have another learning curve coming in getting involved with an MD….ha!
    Let me get this straight: Minocin induced lupus, yet you are back on it? Woman, you have been thru it.

I was that bad at the start and for about 5 months. My Chiro guy really worked with me. He's also rheumatoid, but not in the hands. He's used himself and wife (psoriatric RA) to test out things. I feel he has contributed to my continued wellbeing and knowledge immeasurably.
    When you get to a certain level of “better” you take chances and relax the religious discipline (at least I do). Lately he's found me even more resistive, so I believe I need something else.

Hi Cheryl,

No, not back on minocycline, unfortunately. Minocycline brought me to remission within 16 months of starting it. However, that was when I began to start developing DILE (drug-induced lupus erythematosis). It is quite rare and was just the way my body was metabolizing the minocycline. I switched out to doxycycline and azithromycin, but the doxy wasn't as effective. I am working with a Lyme Literate physician for the Lyme that caused my RA, so we then tweaked my protocol again and I've been on Moxatag, Diflucan and Doxy since last fall. I have done really well on this protocol and it brought my anti-CCP right down. I'm now just about to switch out again to Mepron, Azithromycin and Doxy to hit babesia and cystic forms of Lyme…I know…complicated, but Lyme is a pretty complicated mess. 🙁

Once you get DILE from a drug (there are many drugs that can do this, including thyroid meds and heart meds), you can't ever take that drug again, as your body is unable to break it down properly. When you stop the drug, though, the DILE resolves, so it wasn't a problem…just set me back in progress for a while. I'm doing the best I've done so far now, though, which is great! 🙂

Your chiro sounds wonderful, Cheryl, and I have no doubt that AP will be the nice boost you need to get back on track with all the healing adjunctive work you've done with him. AP is so benign…the low dose approach of 100mg MWF is less than a quarter of the dose given to teens for acne and works beautifully for RA.

I got my masters in my early 40s and was teaching for several years prior to getting RA. I was very sick – bed-ridden for months – and had to give up. Enjoying volunteering for RBF now, but may go back to working one of these days.

Peace, Maz

Healer
    Participant

Thanks once again Maz!
    We could probably get up a good discussion. I did Spiritual Direction at HOLOS ( Dr. Norm Shealy's Uni and seminary). Got certified as Clinical Hypnotherapist when it worked for me and do some life coaching as well as Healing Touch. So many spiritual changes these days. This is a great time to be alive.
    Take care………just visualize that quality of life that you want.
    Nothing presents in the physical that is not first evident in the spiritual. We have to find that balance.

Joy,
    Cheryl

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘ AP and Results’ is closed to new replies.