Home Forums General Discussion Anyone have experience with Dr. S. in GA?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    magsmc
    Participant

I have been calling some of the AP Drs. provided to find out who does IV Clindy and getting a pretty cold response.  One of the AP drs. listed is pretty against AP.  I am in GA and wondering if anyone has used Dr. S.?  I plan to call Dr. S. in Iowa today and hoping for some shred of hope…I am feeling a bit dejected and feel I am hitting walls at every turn.  Any help is appreciated!

Goodwife
    Participant

Hi,

If you search ACAM (American College for the Advancement of Medicine) it lists docs from all over who practice “integrative medicine”, usually meaning IV treatment and other “nontraditional” treatments.  You may find someone who is closer to you that may be able to help.  Good Luck!

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=411]magsmc[/user] wrote:

I have been calling some of the AP Drs. provided to find out who does IV Clindy and getting a pretty cold response.  One of the AP drs. listed is pretty against AP.  I am in GA and wondering if anyone has used Dr. S.?  I plan to call Dr. S. in Iowa today and hoping for some shred of hope…I am feeling a bit dejected and feel I am hitting walls at every turn.  Any help is appreciated!

Hi Magsmc,

It's really good that you're checking in advance of making an appt with any prospective AP doc to make sure you're happy with what they offer. RBF offers a list of the “most experienced” AP docs, so that patients who are able to travel may have the opportunity to see one of the best. However, many of docs on the list are there as a result of patient input and feedback. That is, the list has been added to over the years when patients have mentioned their doctor prescribing minocycline, although this doesn't necessarily mean they are conversant with infectious theory…just that they may have been willing to prescribe mino as a DMARD. Some patients are content just to get their mino and self-manage their doses. Others prefer/need the medical management that an experienced AP doc (and who believes in infectious causes) can offer, along with more complex combo therapies and/or IV treatment.  

As such, finding a doctor locally to prescribe IV Clindy can take a bit of lefwork, particularly if you don't live near to one of the better known AP docs, such as Dr S in Iowa. If you're unable to travel for IVs, then your best bet is to do a bit of independent research, as Goodwife suggests. You may find holistic docs who do in-office IV chelation more willing to do IV Clindy.

Do hope someone comes forward to share their experience of a good AP doc in your area, if you're unable to find one through your own researches. If all else fails, you may alternatively consider traveling to see one of the better known AP docs. I understand there is a Dr S in Chattanooga, TN, who treats with combo therapy and  believes in infectious causes – he treated his own RA and brought himself into remission…although not entirely sure if he offers IV.

All the best in your searching and hope your call in to Dr S today is able to provide you with some good insight.

Peace, Maz

tish
    Participant

i have gone to dr. s in georgia twice.  he treats parasites and uses bio-identical hormones.  he did have ra and so did his mother.  he seems to know his stuff, although it seems as though some of the meds he put me on were a little harsh for my system.  if you would like any further info send a personal message. be glad to answer any of your questions.  i think he will order iv's from home health care. 

Maz
    Keymaster

Tish, is this the same Dr S that has offices in Chatanooga, TN, or is one the son and the other the father? I'd heard there were two Dr S's, down south, both of whom have the same clinic name in their own respective states, but wasn't sure if they were related or one and the same. Would be a bit weird if one doc had offices spaced so far apart, though.

Thanks, just interested, as I've been asked this before and never found out the answer. 😉

Peace, Maz

magsmc
    Participant

Thanks everyone.  I did call Dr. S. in Iowa and spoke at length with his assistant, L., but not him.  I was a little taken aback at how matter of fact she was, so confident that what they do causes remission, and that I should just come there.  She said Dr. S. will retire at the end of the summer.  I scheduled a trip there for late July.  In the meantime I will still explore local drs. to see what I can find.  I did find out today that my xrays are showing degnerative changes in my neck at C2…this scares me to death!  L. did recommend I try to up the mino. again to 100 mg. M, W, F and take with food.  I tried it 100 mg. twice daily and on day 5 became very ill with headache and dizzy/nausea.  Since then I have taken 2 doses of 50 mg mino. 3 days apart.  I may try the 100 mg. with food tonight and see how it goes.  I have been feeling rotten, arthritis is worse, but not sure if it's the mino./Herx. or just my stress and upset mood about my health.  By the thanks for the ACAM link…it is helpful.  Trying to keep my spirits up!  I just keep looking at my kids and wondering how I will be in ten years! 

tish
    Participant

maz, no it is the same doctor.  he is very knowledgeable.   maz, tell me about the lemon & olive oil.  dr. bernard jensen says if liver is not functioning well it could cause toxins to recirculate.  i had this problem i think. well let me know what you think?

Maz
    Keymaster

Thanks, Tish, for letting me know they are one and the same doc. I'd heard he was a very good AP doc, too. Boy, he has some commute between his TN and GA offices! Perhaps he just divides periods of time between locations…

With regard to lemon/olive oil detox drink, not sure why Dr J would say it could cause toxins to recirculate.

Here is the Web link that AF shared a while back, describing the hows and whys:

http://www.keephopealive.org/lemondrk.html

As I understand it, it's a very gentle liver flush. Lemon is an anti-oxidant with pH alkalizing properties. The olive oil, which is a relatively very small amount (by comparison to a full liver flush, which may be up to a half cup of olive oil used), causes the liver and gall bladder to contract, pushing out toxins from the liver. So, I'm a little confused 😕 as to why this doc would say it could cause toxins to recirculate. If you get a chance to clarify why he thinks this, I'd be interested to hear his rationale.

Thanks for sharing!

Peace, Maz

calogero329
    Participant

Hi Tish,

I am thinking of making a trip down to see Dr S in Georgia. It's hard because I live in PA. Have you been following his recommedations and if so, how are you doing?

Calogero

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘ Anyone have experience with Dr. S. in GA?’ is closed to new replies.