Home Forums General Discussion Anyone clear a yeast issue with diet? Oh, I’m PREGNANT :)

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author

@lynnie_sydney wrote:

Be very careful to check out any natural herbs and other treatments – some of them can pack as big a punch as pharmaceutical meds. Oil of Oregano is a particularly potent oil and is contraindicated during pregnancy. Lynnie

Contra-indications: Oil of oregano should not be used during the early stages of pregnancy. Use oregano with caution if you have low blood pressure. May induce early onset of labour when used in late pregnancy (not recommended).

http://www.evalu8.org/staticpage?page=review&siteid=11205

Lynnie that is the benefit of a forum. I did not know. that is why is suggested to ask. I have felt that the salt in the salt and sea salt treatment was addressing the fungus myself personally and the sea salt definitely benefits the bones and blood vessels. Got right through to the brain a lot sooner that was stated. It was a life saver. terribly how we are being given such incorreft information all the time about salt and not the true story. I sent for the e book on that tip. Thanks Lynnie.

PetRescue
    Participant

Thanks everyone for the advice. It has gotten better taking the garlic and coconut oil. And I’ve really had to watch for hidden sugar in things like almond milk, spaghetti sauce, etc. I’ve been so worried about it that I’ve lost 5lbs. Didn’t make my OB happy.

Eva-thanks so much for the offer. I would love to make kefir. And you can make it using coconut milk, right? I bought some coconut kefir at whole foods, but it wasn’t very good (or cheap)! I’ll send you a PM soon!

Gord-I looked up your probiotic and it looks good. But I didn’t like the article. In one sentence it said L. casei is bad for TH1, then L. casei is bad for TH2. It could be possible to do both, but then I googled it further and there was conflicted infliction. I want my body to be more TH2 sided right now. It is so confusing (to me at least), and then add in the whole FOS/inulin debate and it makes my head spin. I wish they would be more research on natural ways to modulate the immune system.
    This article says some strains are anti-TH2 (which I don’t want, I want more TH2):
    “The tested LAB strains were demonstrated to exhibit an anti-T(H)2 activity, and thus different strains of this family might be useful in the prevention of allergic diseases”

Rosemary-I know, I’m concerned about the fungus too! I can’t get off the antibiotics. It is better to have fungus than Lyme. Something’s got to work. Most of the natural treatments for Lyme aren’t really safe for me either. My Lyme doc didn’t have any suggestions for me on tuesday. Thanks for the suggestion-and thanks Lynnie for looking it up for me. I know, my options are very limited!

Krys-not sure about the pickled food thing, but certainly the raw yogurt. I have been looking for raw milk in IL-but the one place I found no longer offers it to new customers. You have any insider info for me? 🙂

Again, thanks to everyone…I’ve got to figure out a new probiotic to take now (was on PB8 and Mercola) which may help and make myself some kefir!

~jen

Krys
    Participant

Hi Jen,
    Check or: Sorry that the links do not open up. Smilies stopped working for me, too. You will have to type in the links in Google. I’ll send you a PM where I get raw milk, grass fed beef and real (superior to organic in taste and smell) eggs, if the closest to you location does not accept new customers. The Weston A. Price Foundation (second link) gives quite a comprehensive list of suppliers of raw milk, grass fed meat, “real” eggs in the US.
    I understand the inner problem we might have with starting a new habit, like eating fermented foods. And they ARE not pickled foods (pickled means vinegar soaked!). I was suggesting fermented vegetables, which are mostly fermented cabbage (with carrots added) and fermented cucumbers. They taste different form pickled veggies, and they are an incredible source of vit. C and probiotics! They are also very strongly anti-parasitic, anti-yeast, too! But any new habit, especially any completely new food taste, IS a cause of big resistance. And when one is pregnant, comfort, anything that increases the feeling of being safe and cherished, is something you really want to indulge in. Fermented raw goat milk, with added kefir culture, is a sure winner, as long as you actually start making it!!!
    May you always feel loved, cherished, supported and blessed ever single minute!!!
    Re.: Mercola probiotic. Have you noticed that you have to take it with food? I did not treat that seriously, thinking that I will get more if I take it on an empty stomach and I got systemic yeast while taking it (and I was adding one more very good and very expensive probiotic a few times a week, and every day raw goat milk yogurt, so getting systemic yeast was a big surprise!). I’m not blaming Mercola’s probiotic. I am blaming myself for not following the instructions Dr. Mercola gave for taking his probiotic! But now I use his brand only when I’m too hungry to take probiotics on an empty stomach!
    Warm wishes, Krys

@PetRescue wrote:

Thanks everyone for the advice. It has gotten better taking the garlic and coconut oil. And I’ve really had to watch for hidden sugar in things like almond milk, spaghetti sauce, etc. I’ve been so worried about it that I’ve lost 5lbs. Didn’t make my OB happy.

Eva-thanks so much for the offer. I would love to make kefir. And you can make it using coconut milk, right? I bought some coconut kefir at whole foods, but it wasn’t very good (or cheap)! I’ll send you a PM soon!

Gord-I looked up your probiotic and it looks good. But I didn’t like the article. In one sentence it said L. casei is bad for TH1, then L. casei is bad for TH2. It could be possible to do both, but then I googled it further and there was conflicted infliction. I want my body to be more TH2 sided right now. It is so confusing (to me at least), and then add in the whole FOS/inulin debate and it makes my head spin. I wish they would be more research on natural ways to modulate the immune system.
    This article says some strains are anti-TH2 (which I don’t want, I want more TH2):
    “The tested LAB strains were demonstrated to exhibit an anti-T(H)2 activity, and thus different strains of this family might be useful in the prevention of allergic disease

Rosemary-I know, I’m concerned about the fungus too! I can’t get off the antibiotics. It is better to have fungus than Lyme. Something’s got to work. Most of the natural treatments for Lyme aren’t really safe for me either. My Lyme doc didn’t have any suggestions for me on tuesday. Thanks for the suggestion-and thanks Lynnie for looking it up for me. I know, my options are very limited!

Krys-not sure about the pickled food thing, but certainly the raw yogurt. I have been looking for raw milk in IL-but the one place I found no longer offers it to new customers. You have any insider info for me? 🙂

Again, thanks to everyone…I’ve got to figure out a new probiotic to take now (was on PB8 and Mercola) which may help and make myself some kefir!

~jen

Jen. I had hoped the GSE was o.k. to use as my daughter had the helicobactor a long time before picked up and now GSE is really a life saver for her & me. She has not had children yet. It is not safe for her to go off it. It is also getting her mycoplasma. I actually feel my Lyme has improved with the GSE. Everything points to the fact that it will kill the fungal Lyme bacteria as well although there are no studies done and not likely to be, being a natural product. Since the dose I take is now up to three capsules a day I am a lot more steady on my feet so I am thrilled with it. The other thing is the salt and Vit C. I sent for a book by Bryan Rosner which states that this is the second most recommended treatment for Lyme and I agree it has been wonderful and helped a lot. Surely that cannot be dangerous for pregnancy as well as whatever. Found myself that anything that worked I added it to the agenda. Try not to stress about it all as that will not help. Just take in all the suggestions and mill through what you think. That is what I have done all along. Hope you find a good combination that your happy with.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.