Home Forums General Discussion Anyone been to Mercola

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Fran
    Participant

Hi-  I have a friend in the Chicago area who is thinking of going to Mercola for RA and asked whether I knew of anyone who had tried going to him.  I don't know anything about his actual practice other than his newsletters and website that I read.  He seems to be a product pusher, so I'm hesitant to recommend him, but if anyone has any thoughts on him let me know.

He used to be a proponent of AP, but lately his website seems to talk more about nutritional typing and eft, which are helpful, but I'm not sure they can “cure” RA as he claims.  Any thoughts?

dianaw
    Participant

I've heard that he does not promot  the AP Protocol any longer.

Donna RA
    Participant

Hi Fran,

I believe that good nutrition and emotional healing are good things, but don't believe they alone will cure RA.  I read all his web site before I started AP, and tried things he suggested, along with purchasing some supplements, and things that helped some, but did not cure my RA.

I would suggest finding an AP Doc for your friend.

Best Wishes,

Donna RA

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Fran – you might consider posting on rheumatic.org Board. I believe Ethel Snooks is very familiar with Mercola's protocol and may know if he still offers AP as well as the dietary route. Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Cheryl F
    Keymaster

Fran,

Mercola used to be one of the leading AP proponents. However, about two years ago, RBF started getting patient feedback from those who had requested the listing of AP doctors that he will no longer prescribe AP. Several patients reported that he refused to give them an RX, instead now favoring an non-antibiotic approach. RBF removed him from the list, so if your friend is interested in AP, this is not the doctor to see.

Now, don't get me wrong, he still seems to completely support Dr. Brown's infectious theory, he just thinks he can address the infection without antibiotics.

We have several members in the Chicago area, maybe they can PM you with the name of the doctor they use.

Cheryl Ferguson

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘ Anyone been to Mercola’ is closed to new replies.