Home Forums General Discussion Anybody out there using zithromax?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    lrobertson
    Participant

I was wondering if anyone is using zithromax? If so, as a first line of defense or with the mino? What dosages of zith and mino? I'm on mino, trying different dosages to get this swelling down, but it's not happening. I've heard that for some on AP, zithromax has been a Godsend. I'm looking for a break from inflamation and herxing, and heard zithromax may help. I've also heard others say they've herxed bad on zithromax. I'm wondering what experience any of you have with Zith. Thanks!!! LR

Texas T.
    Participant

LR, my AP Dr. added Zith – 250 mg – M-W-F- last February to my daily Doxy – 100mg x 2 per day because I was having so much pain in my left knee.  It's August now and the pain is well controlled – mostly nonexistent.  I still get a twinge or even an ouch now and then but not like it was before.

I do not know if Zith has any anti-inflammatory properties in it or not – but I also take Feldine (Piroxicam generic) 20mg once each day – and that is a NSAID.

Are you taking an NSAIDs?  They can help relieve inflammation and pain and there are many different kinds.  I like Feldine because you only take 1 a day and they happen to work for me.  But secretly – I hope to get off the Feldine some day.  That would be GREAT!!!

Cheryl F
    Keymaster

I am on zith at 500mg 3x/week. I am only on zith. My dx is fibromyalgia.

My daughter is RXd 500mg of zith twice/week. She is also RXd 100mg of minocin twice daily.

I believe that I have read that Zith does indeed have anti-inflammatory properties.

Cheryl F.

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=183]lrobertson[/user] wrote:

I've heard that for some on AP, zithromax has been a Godsend. I'm looking for a break from inflamation and herxing, and heard zithromax may help. I've also heard others say they've herxed bad on zithromax. I'm wondering what experience any of you have with Zith.

Hi LR,

I'm on a combo of mino and zith (see signature line below). I added zith in March to my mino and herxed like clockwork 4 or 5 days after my dose. This diminished with time and now I don't notice it as much, though I still sometimes feel a bit fatigued on day 4 or 5. I think it really depends on pathogen load as to how one will react. Zith is pretty broad spectrum, so it hits a lot of things that could be in the mix. So, no real guarantees you'll get immediate relief of inflammation and it may take time…though that is just from personal experience.

Also, I did start out on zith at 2 tabs on Tues and Thurs (on my mino off days). This was way too much for me. As you're already in a bit of a hypersensitive state, if you do add zith, it would be a good idea to ask your doc if you could start out really low and slow. A combo approach is a good idea when progress stalls out and lots of AP physicians employ this method.

Just a word of caution about dialing your dose…upping and lowering too much can also send us into a bit of a herx situation. Die-off occurs when serum levels go up and down. This is the point of being on a low, pulsed dose….but the “low” part is also to keep the herxing controlled.

Are you taking any anti-inflammatories to help you through this patch? Dr Brown wasn't averse to use of prednisone in really temporary, low doses to reduce inflammation and enable the antibiotic better penetration through inflammed tissues. Also, he used IV therapy to help patients through flares and to jumpstart AP.

Hope you get to the bottom of this and find some relief, soon.

Peace, Maz

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘ Anybody out there using zithromax?’ is closed to new replies.