Home Forums General Discussion Any suggestions before appointment w/ AP?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    mkjuz
    Participant

Hello everyone! 🙂

Boy, you are all an amazing group and the stories you have told have motivated me. I found this website by accident (of course) looking for a way to stop the RA flares. What a wonderful surprise!  I've read most of the boards, ordered the book, got it two days later and have read most of it already. I decided not to wait and called and made my first appointment in Riverside.  Six long weeks I have to wait but it will be worth it, I know.

A bit of history; diagnosed in 2000 with RA. Started slow, 1 yr later on Humira (now weekly) Mobic & Hydroxychloroquine. Nothing is working except the 5 month flare. So, here I am.

Has anyone gone to the doctor in Riverside and what did you think? 

Does anyone have any suggestions for me while i wait for my appointment? 

Thanks

steph-sclero
    Participant

Hi!

While you wait for your appointment besides reading the two books recommended on AP you should do as much research on AP as you can off the Internet. Lots of good websites out there are listed right here on the board on previous posts. You need to come to your app. as informed as you can be. Don't try to take it in all at once, read a little, digest a little and so on. Feel free as you go along to ask questions here on the board, alot of really good info right here. You're not alone.

Best of Luck,

Steph

Cheryl F
    Keymaster

Karen,

My daughter is a patient of Dr. F in Riverside, please feel free to send me a PM on this system (or an email, my address is listed in my profile), I am happy to give you my impressions.  We will be there on May 27th & 28th again.

Cheryl F.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘ Any suggestions before appointment w/ AP?’ is closed to new replies.