Home Forums General Discussion antibiotic treatment

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    maz.aust
    Participant

[user=2095]lizbeth[/user] wrote:

Thank you Maz,

The info i have received thus far has been wonderful by all.  I feel I have stumbled across a great group and look forward to reading many posts.

Lizbeth

Hi Lizbeth,

Welcome from 35k's south of Melb — !! 

This is a wonderful group of supportive caring & knowledgeable people who can & will listen to you, help where they can & never judge you for any decisions you may choose to make.

I would encourage you to read everything you can about the disease as well as any treatment options available to you, discuss things with your medical team, be proactive & come to an informed decision.

Good luck,
    Maz – Aust

Dec07: Diagnosed PRA, (CTD; Fibromyalgia; suspected Lyme):
    Mar08: Diet to heal gut/bolster immune system (no gluten, dairy, sulphites or sugar)

Jan 2018: ABX Mon/Wed/Fri (started AP 2008)
    1/2 x 150mg Roxithromycin(Biasig), 1/2 x 150mg Clarithromycin (Klacid),
    1/2 x Fungillin, 1 x 250mg Cephalexin (Keflex)

All off days Probiotics

maz.aust
    Participant

[user=2089]Peach73[/user] wrote:

[user=27]Maz[/user] wrote:

PS Peach73, I love your avatar pic!!!

Hey thanks!  I love tulips and cant wait for spring!  Winter just hurts my joints!

Hi Peach73 & welcome,

Your avatar looks like the Tesselaar Tulip Farm just outside of Melbourne Australia !!

Mar08: Diet to heal gut/bolster immune system (no gluten, dairy, sulphites or sugar)

All off days Probiotics

Eva Holloway
    Participant

dani,

check out Dr. K in Lufkin, she is my doctor and I have been seeing her for two years now. I am doing very well. She is very kind and understanding and knows a lot about auto immune ilnesses.

Eva:D

Eva Holloway

Peach73
    Participant

[user=492]maz.aust[/user] wrote:

[user=2089]Peach73[/user] wrote:

[user=27]Maz[/user] wrote:

PS Peach73, I love your avatar pic!!!

Hey thanks!  I love tulips and cant wait for spring!  Winter just hurts my joints!

Hi Peach73 & welcome,

Your avatar looks like the Tesselaar Tulip Farm just outside of Melbourne Australia !!

cool!  I found this pic online…not sure exactly where its from but I thought it was gorgeous!  It would be awesome to see the tulips farm in person! 

Peach73
    Participant

[user=236]Eva Holloway[/user] wrote:

dani,

check out Dr. K in Lufkin, she is my doctor and I have been seeing her for two years now. I am doing very well. She is very kind and understanding and knows a lot about auto immune ilnesses.

Eva…this is the doc I am thinking about seeing.  Do you mind sharing with me about what to except at the first visit?  Will she order tons of tests?  I first am gonna see if my rheumy will prescribe AP and if not then I'm gonna check and see if Dr. K takes my insurance.  Her website says she takes many insurances so we will see.  Even if my doc will prescribe the AP I may see Dr. K anyway as I love her approach and the fact that her mother has RA and is treated with AP.  

maz.aust
    Participant

Some photos they have online
    http://www.tulipfestival.com.au/photos/

About how they started & grew into six hectares under cover, including the latest automatic elevated plastic houses & the most fuel efficient computerised glass house system in the world.  
    http://www.tesselaar.net.au/aboutus/default.asp

ps – I love tulips too !!  

All off days Probiotics

Patti D
    Participant

I love tulips too!!! Thanks Maz.aust for sharing. Peach 73, love your name too!
    Welcome all the newbies! We are here to help . You have found some great information from some very independent thinkers.

We are here to make your journey a little more comforting and get you hopefully feeling better sooner than later.

Patti

dani0518
    Participant

hi thanks  i was going to try out a doctor that was in the dallas/ft.worth area but will make a note to check the doc u are seeing out as well…i have to see which one takes my insurance…i am also doing a little prayer about doing the ap i am still doing my research and is currently reading the road back..im kinda afraid of becoming very ill while doing ap this hexing i am so very afraid of and dont no much about it but i have heard a lot of wonderful things about it as well…so i am looking forward to seeing what the doctors suggested by this site have to say…thanks so much for ur reply.

Kim
    Participant

Hi Dani,

It's helpful if you post your diagnosis in your signature line.  Easy to do, just go to your Account and Edit your Profile.

In doing this, people with like diagnoses can better help you. 🙂

Take care…..kim

p.s. I've had to travel to both my AP doc and LLMD, but it's been worth it. 😉

Peach73
    Participant

[user=492]maz.aust[/user] wrote:

Some photos they have online
    http://www.tulipfestival.com.au/photos/

About how they started & grew into six hectares under cover, including the latest automatic elevated plastic houses & the most fuel efficient computerised glass house system in the world.  
    http://www.tesselaar.net.au/aboutus/default.asp

ps – I love tulips too !!  

Absolutely beautiful pics!  The Tulip Festival looks like so much fun and extremely beautiful tulips!  We have a jonquil festival nearby and it is gorgeous too….not as gorgeous at tulips!  

Peach73
    Participant

[user=287]Patti D[/user] wrote:

I love tulips too!!! Thanks Maz.aust for sharing. Peach 73, love your name too!
    Welcome all the newbies! We are here to help . You have found some great information from some very independent thinkers.

We are here to make your journey a little more comforting and get you hopefully feeling better sooner than later.

Patti

Thanks Patti!

Eva Holloway
    Participant

Dani,

the first appointment is for two hours. Make sure you bring al your meds with you and if you take supplements bring them too or write down what you take and how much each day. bring as much of your medical records you can. They scan it into their computer. A nurse will ask you lots of questions from your health, when you think your problem started. Since I just had blood work done at the rheumy Dr.K. did not order extra bloodwork. If you had some done just within the last month, she will take it. I had blood drawn to check if I had Celiac. Dr.K. checks a lot of her RA patients for it, I think just for precaution.

I usually make my appointment for 10 am, that gives me enough time to drive there, see the doctor and be back home by three even with stopping and having a lunch somewhere.

Eva Holloway

Peach73
    Participant

Eva…did you already have lab work for Lyme before you went?

Eva Holloway
    Participant

yes, I had it done by my allergist and she accepted it. I also had a mycoplasma test done by my allergist and she used that too.

Eva Holloway

dani0518
    Participant

oops that would be helpful..thanks so much i will post that right now..

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘ antibiotic treatment’ is closed to new replies.