Home Forums General Discussion Antibiotic Therapy used for Primary Sjogren's Syndrome?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Participant

Hi there! I am new to the board.  I have been diagnosed with Primary Sjogren's Syndrome and am wondering if anyone knows if antibiotic therapy can benefit me as well.   Sjogren's is another connective tissue disorder – my rheumy says it's like lupus but not as bad.
    Regards, Anna from Sth Australia.

steph-sclero
    Participant

Hi Anna,

Though I don't have primary Sjogrens my scleroderma had caused secondary Sjogrens and my antibiotic therapy has certainly lessoned my sjogren symptoms among other symptoms that have been lessoned. So certainly it can't hurt to try it for yourself. I betting you'll probably see some improvement. Hope this helped a little.

Cheers,

Steph

Karen R
    Participant

Hi Anna,

I have Scleroderma with secondary Sjogren's and the antibiotic therapy has helped greatly. I now wear my contacts again.

Best,

Karen R

Sydnie
    Participant

Hi Anna

I have Sjogrens and have been using AP since August 07.  No major side effects I just noticed I felt better and many of my symptoms disappeared..these included..

Dry eyes- not 100% but I dont need to use eye drops..after 6 weeks  on AP my eyes were watering cutting onions!!

Dry mouth- my dentist says I now have no less saliva than any other patient

Heart Palps

dry skin

joint pain,

a lot of numbness….to name a few

After 4 months I felt great..fatigue was still a bit of an issue but still early days…

Ive had a bit of a relapse as due to a completly unrelated reason I required an emergency op in January this year and had to stop Minocin but now im back on it and a lot of symptoms are back but I think its just the mino getting back on track.

It definately works..hope you can give it a go!!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘ Antibiotic Therapy used for Primary Sjogren's Syndrome?’ is closed to new replies.