Home Forums General Discussion Anti-CCP antibodies

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Maz
    Keymaster

Clin Rheumatol. 2010 Aug 5.

“Antibodies against cyclic citrullinated peptides in infectious diseases-a systematic review.”

Lima I, Santiago M.

Rheumatology Service, Hospital Santa Izabel/Escola Bahiana de Medicina e Sa

sierrra
    Participant

Interesting. Both my mom and I (both diagnosed with RA) have positive Mantoux tests, meaning we were exposed to TB. I have a positive anti-CCP, don't know if she had that test.

Sierra

Patti D
    Participant

Maz,
    Great find! You know how bummed I get over my anti-
    ccp being so high. I will send off to my doctor as I have given up repeating this test. Yeah!!!

Patti

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=287]Patti D[/user] wrote:

Great find! You know how bummed I get over my anti-
    ccp being so high. I will send off to my doctor as I have given up repeating this test. Yeah!!!

Yea, I know, Patti, and empathise!! :roll-laugh: If this helps, though…my anti-CCP (which zoomed up again when I had to come off mino for a month) came down incredibly fast this past year when I went on Moxatag (extended release amoxicillin). I can't remember if you said you had a penicillin allergy or not, but if so, zith might be a nice substitute if your doc is willing to add it in to your protocol for a boost?

Great to see you, my friend, and hope your'e doing okay! (((hugs)))

Peace, Maz

Patti D
    Participant

Thanks Maz & huge HUGS back!!!!
    I just added clindy 150mg once weekly about 1 month ago to try to get over the hump for a real remission. My RF is 25 and holding but I FEEL NORMAL NOW!!!!
    I swim about 1/2 mile a day and kayak too around the whole lake probably 3 times a week. Still garden at two houses, clean 2 houses and run a business full time.

The only thing really different about me now is I refuse to handle unneeded stress. I will not “do for everyone” any more!! I have learned to say no or yes based on what I can give .
    I don't know if this will keep me healthy but I am savoring the moment which now has lasted over 8 months.

Pinch me. Am I in Kansas for REAL?
    I worked a 11 hour day and am still smiling.

But I have not forgot who got me here. All of my friends at Roadback. I have to go back in 3 months to see if the clindy put the Rheumatoid factor at 20 or below (normal). If not, I will check the Zith out. I see a lot of lymies use it.

Love you guys.

I 'm still here!! How are you doing Maz?

Patti

Maz
    Keymaster

Patti, I'm jumping around for joy here!!! :roll-laugh: What terrific news, girl! Hey, please don't forget we want your testimonial for the main site when you feel ready to do that. Would be great to put you up in lights in the eBulletin, too!!!

I'm doing really well, thanks so much for asking. It was a rough time last year when I developed the DILE and it set me back for a while, but my doc has set me right again and I'm feeling better than ever, too. I've been working out at the gym several times a week and just working on getting the last of my RA labs back into normal range, just as you are doing. So hard to believe how far I've come, from bedridden agony in every joint, to near normalcy again. It's been a long road, but well worth it for me. I'm hoping that this year will be the year I write my testimonial, too. 😀

Don't be a stranger now, ya hear? We miss your potty mouth and funny jokes!!!

Peace, Maz

Kim
    Participant

WOW!!!!! 

Patti, this is so exciting and I could not be happier for you.  No one needs to tell you to enjoy feeling good ~ you already know how to do that. :roll-laugh:

Enjoy the rest of your summer!

Take care…..kim

mkbeeliever
    Participant

Thanks Maz & huge HUGS back!!!!
    I just added clindy 150mg once weekly about 1 month ago to try to get over the hump for a real remission. My RF is 25 and holding but I FEEL NORMAL NOW!!!!
    I swim about 1/2 mile a day and kayak too around the whole lake probably 3 times a week. Still garden at two houses, clean 2 houses and run a business full time.

The only thing really different about me now is I refuse to handle unneeded stress. I will not “do for everyone” any more!! I have learned to say no or yes based on what I can give .
    I don't know if this will keep me healthy but I am savoring the moment which now has lasted over 8 months.

But I have not forgot who got me here. All of my friends at Roadback. I have to go back in 3 months to see if the clindy put the Rheumatoid factor at 20 or below (normal). If not, I will check the Zith out. I see a lot of lymies use it.

Love you guys.

I 'm still here!! How are you doing Maz?

Patti

So happy for you Patti!  I love reading this! 
    Blessings,
    Michelle

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Fantastic news Patti! Miss you round here and so glad you are savouring life. Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Trudi
    Participant

The only thing really different about me now is I refuse to handle unneeded stress. I will not “do for everyone” any more!! I have learned to say no or yes based on what I can give .  I don't know if this will keep me healthy but I am savoring the moment which now has lasted over 8 months.

Hi Patti–

Glad to read your words of wisdom!!  Your schedule sounds exhausting.  So happy you are able to handle it all–

Take care,

Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

Patti D
    Participant

Thanks everyone!
    It is so good to hear Maz you are doing better now and

Kim You too are better??? again. I had really hoped you would be coming to Wisconsin and visiting at the lake with us ladies this year.It was such a good summer for lake fun!

Trudi, Any better for you yet. Your in my prayers!
    Michelle,
    You are such a wonderful girl. Hows mom doing now? Better & better I hope.

Linnie_ You went through a recent rough patch too so sounds like you are getting much better too>
    I think I can right my story now and may even be happy to put it down on paper
    Just hope I continue to get better & better. It sure feels good and I thank you all for your wonderful comments. 🙂

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Yes Patti a liver crisis that came out of left field. Back on an abx regime (teeny tiny doses of 3 of em) which kicked in much, much faster than I ever dared to hope, so am doing the happy dance. Stay in touch! Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘ Anti-CCP antibodies’ is closed to new replies.