Home Forums General Discussion Another Week/Another Update

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 16 years ago by Maz.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Devie
    Participant

Well- although I have never gotten my mycoplasma test results back, did test negative for everything else- RA, etc. My ESR was slightly elevated and I showed some anemia and slightly elevated liver enzymes. I have started taking B12.

I have now been on the mino (M, W & F) once a day, for over a week and next Monday I am going to start taking 2/day. I cant say I have noticed much of anything expect that I am stiffer than usual and the pain has moved into my elbows and hands. I am also more tired than before. Thats it for now.

I am going to keep my June appt with Dr S, thinking maybe I need more of a kick start. I was hoping that since I have not had this long and have not done any immune influencing meds, that the oral would be sufficient. And it has only been 6 doses. Patience has never been my strong suit.

As always- I am open to ideas, input, etc. This is the loneliest thing I have ever had to go through.

Devie

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=302]Devie[/user] wrote:

I have now been on the mino (M, W & F) once a day, for over a week and next Monday I am going to start taking 2/day. I cant say I have noticed much of anything expect that I am stiffer than usual and the pain has moved into my elbows and hands. I am also more tired than before. Thats it for now.

As always- I am open to ideas, input, etc. This is the loneliest thing I have ever had to go through.

Hi Devie,

Your intention to see Dr S should prove to put a lot of fears to rest. I only wish I'd listened to my gut in the beginning and had gone to see him, but looking at this in retrospect, as they say, is a fine thing. They probably would have had to medivac me to Iowa, as I could barely move anything, including my jaw!

That said, it really is very early days and this protocol is very much about patience and trust. Easier said than done, as I can fully appreciate. :doh: Typically, people experience worsening in the beginning. For me, I worsened over the first three months and then started to see signs of improvement…which as John McD describes it…”glacial improvement”…although it really does vary for everyone. Hang in there, though…herxing is a very good sign the mino is getting to the source of your problems.

Only a suggestion, but you may find using the “Progress Threads” a useful function to journal your progress as you go. It's hoped everyone will take advantage of this facility, which should provide a great way to keep track of symptoms and improvement over time. Here's the link, if you're interesting in starting your own thread:

http://www.rbfbb.org/view_forum.php?id=3

These threads aren't intended for others to add to or comment on…but when other BB members read your thread, you may find some will drop you a line here on the general board or in a private message to offer their insights and provide support along the way. They should also help us all to remember everyone's history, so it won't be necessary to re-type and re-explain everything each time.

Peace, Maz

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘ Another Week/Another Update’ is closed to new replies.