Home Forums General Discussion An update on my condition

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    tainabell
    Participant

Hello all my RoadBack friends,

It's been a long time since I've written and in fact, a long time since I even visited this site, but I've been thinking about writing a quick update on my condition.  I'm sure there are people on here who don't remember me from when I posted more often so here's a quick recap:

My case started with daily hives, and joint pain (especially in the knees and the fingers) in Sept. 06.  After a course of predinose, I went into remission until July '07 (I might have some of these dates wrong, it's been awhile) at which time I started having intense joint pains.  Was tested for everything and diagnosed by a traditional rheumy with something like “non-specific inflammatory arthritis.”  My x-rays started to show joint deterioration in my fingers.  Around that time found Road Back and started seeing a great doc in New York, who put me on Mino and tested me for Lyme.  Tests from Igenex came back positive and I went on a six month (about) course of Doxy to treat it.  Got sicker on the Doxy, but then got a little better.  Shortly after my course of doxy I went into a remission of sorts.

So….I'm happy to say that I'm still in that remission now.  I have occasional aches and pains and even days where I have “arthritis-y” pain, but the both the frequency and the intensity is waaaay waaaay down.  Yay!  Update on my life: I'm in grad school now and my hubby and are thinking about maybe starting a family.  So all in all, a happy outcome for me.  I realize how incredibly lucky I am to have an alleviation of symptoms after such a short time of being sick. 

As for my meds right now, I only take zyrtec for the hives (over-the-counter), fish oil pills, and vitamin D.  I realize that if it hadn't been for this site, I probably would still be on methotrexate or something even stronger.   So I'm very grateful and I just wanted to come back and say HI! 

How's everyone else doing?  

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

tainabell – how nice to see you back! Thank you so much for your update, great news! You may have seen from the notice that many people are experiencing problems accessing the Forum right now so you may not get as many replies as you anticipate. Fantastic that you are back into living life. Keep us posted. Lynnie 

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

David C
    Participant

Hi Tainabell

Good to hear from you again and glad you are doing so well. Wonder whether you are still seeing Dr Y in NY. As for me, I'm still improving every now & then and I'm back into full time printing business again. I guess when our condition are better, we'll be busy again with our daily activities. I still read messages but seldom do any posting.
    I want to take this opportunity to thank Road Back Foundation for their support to my well being.

David

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Great to hear from you too, David. And thanks also for posting your uplifting update. Of course people go back out and live their lives once they are feeling so much better. That's why it is so good to hear how you are doing once in a while, it gives people (especially newbies) so much hope.

Incidentally, we'd love to have testimonials from both of you any time you are ready!:D Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

tainabell
    Participant

Hi David, Lynnie!

I still Dr. Y occasionally when I have flares — in addition to being a good doctor for AP/mystery illness, she's also just a great doc in general, so I'm happy to have found her. 

Yes, I guess that is sort of how it works, you just get back to life.  But Lynnie, you're right, I think it's good to check back in and let people know that things do and can get better.  I was little over-obsessive, I think, when I was sick and there were definitely times when I let being sick obscure my vision of life right in that moment, too, though.  It's an emotional experience and you have to kind of strike a balance between being active in your own recovery and never thinking about anything else than your recovery. 

Sorry about the problems with the forum!  Hope it all works out. 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘ An update on my condition’ is closed to new replies.