Home Forums General Discussion allergic reactions to mino/and doxy-what else can i do.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    A Friend
    Participant

[user=785]freddiet50[/user] wrote:

Hello,

so, I've been waiting three months, what seems like forever, to get my doctor to agree to put me on Antibiotic therapy. And last week we decided to try Doxy 100mg 2 xday M.W.F . The first day i felt fine and on the third day when i took my second dose, i began to itch all over, eventually i broke out in hives all over my arms, and face. I tried to reason that i had tried a new laundry detergent or introduced a new chemical into my routine….but after trying the doxy again after a days rest i broke out in hives again…..i called my doctor, we both agreed i was having an allergic reaction to the antibiotics. so we tried Monocine- 100 mg….and again like clock work after about 4 hours, my arms were covered in hives….

My present treatment for my arthristis is :
    hydrochloroquine 100 mg 2x day,
    baking soda 3x day ( not with in 2 hours of plaquni.)
    1/2 teaspoon acv 2x day morning and night

Apparently I'm allergic to tetracycline family of antibiotics…Is there anything else i can ask my doctor to try, I've never had an allergic reaction to antibiotics before which i find very strange……I also had a CT scan with dye contrast the day i started AT, is it possible the dye is still in my system and reacting to the antibiotics??? (testicular cancer survivor)

Probably not, i know I'm reaching!

please help, id love some assistance on this topic!

[user=785]freddiet50[/user],

In my past history, I've broken out in pretty bad hives several times after beginning things that most people have found very helpful.  Two times (2000 and in early 2007), radiologist reports reported: 1st)  Impression: Metastatic Carcinoma; 2nd) Bone Cancer.  The cause of both of these conditions and the cause of yours may be a common factor.  At least, I'm thinking it is worth your looking into, if you choose.   

Your mention about being a cancer survivor triggered a “weighty” thought process.  We may have a cause of these hives, and more, in common.  I will send you a PM.  You should receive a notice in your e-mail inbox; or, if you are on the BB here, you can retrieve it by going to the extreme top right, where a notice will tell you you have a private message. 

Best of luck to you,

AF 

GJH
    Participant

Freddie,

You may want to consider switching to antibiotics of the erythromycin family, such as, azithromycin (Zithromax) or clarithromycin (Biaxin). Some people have success with it. Do a search on the old RBF bulletin board:

https://www.roadback.org/cgi-bin/eboard30/index.cgi?board=Main

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘ allergic reactions to mino/and doxy-what else can i do.’ is closed to new replies.