Home Forums General Discussion Acrylic nails

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    mkjuz
    Participant

Wondering if anyone has Solar (Acrylic) nails?  I've taken high dose/short term ABs before and didn't have to take them off, wondering how the low dose/long term will work ?

Thanks,

~mkjuz~

richie
    Participant

Hi

Just wondering –absorbing the glue to apply them –what problems that can cause ???—-There is unfortunately a major emphasis on bacterial infection with not enough emphasis on the environment

Richie

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi Mkjus,

I don't have acrylic nails, but have tried them in the past. I think my main concern while on longterm abx would be the possibility of being more prone to nail fungal infections.

Peace, Maz

mkjuz
    Participant

Actaully no glued on tips, its overlay on my own nails, but just the same! Thanks…

mkjuz
    Participant

Maz,

The solar overlay will most likely have to come off once i get started on AP.  I used to be a nail biter and this put an end to that.  I'm willing to do WHATEVER it takes to make this work and make me better!!  🙂

Jennhere
    Participant

I agree with Richie.  That's a toxic poison you're absorbing.  Plus, the acrylic nails will be on the planet foreveeeeerrrrrr. 

I would say that your body has enough to clean up.  Don't tax it further with toxic chemicals.  Embrace your little, naked, stubby nails!! 😉

Jenn

mkjuz
    Participant

Thanks Jenn…I've made my appointment to have the solar soaked off this weekend.  My nails are long, its my short stubby fingers i don't want to look at!! Like i said, i am doing whatever it takes to get well and I really appreciate everyone's help/advice.  😎  Thanks

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=400]mkjuz[/user] wrote:

Maz,

The solar overlay will most likely have to come off once i get started on AP. I used to be a nail biter and this put an end to that. I'm willing to do WHATEVER it takes to make this work and make me better!! 🙂

Mkjuz…this is a great question, because so many women do use the tips nowadays. Some years ago, I also tried them for a month or two to try and stop nailbiting, as well, so I understand your rationale for this. It worked for me, but I was kind of disappointed when they came off, as the technician had filed so much of the top surface of my nails down too get them to adhere properly that I had to wait ages for the new nail to regrow underneath to normal thickness again. :doh: In the end, it kind of defeated the object for me. Ach, the things we do, eh? I don't know what the newer ones are like, but do hope this isn't the case for you. In any case…it's very wise of you to think to have them off while on AP. 😉

Peace, Maz

Jennhere
    Participant

Maz, You could run your fingers over some aloe throughout the day.  That stuff tastes Awful!:sick:  You could get an aloe plant, snip the end, run your fingers over the cut- the gel is absorbed very quickly and isn't greasy.  I have several aloe plants inside my house.  We snip them for everything from dry elbows, to sunburns, to just because it's good for you.   One long leaf give and gives and gives.  I know how awful it tastes because every now and then, I get a taste…

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi Jenn…thanks very much for the very kind tip (pun intended!). LOL I love aloe…ever since we took a trip to Jamaica and we all got so sunburned on the very first day. A local boatman came over to us and was worried (we didn't know how burned we were getting at the time) and he went over to an aloe plant just growing somewhere at the edge of the beach and started slathering it on us, teaching us what to do! Your suggestion just brought back that lovely memory…so thanks for that, too!

Peace, Maz

Jennhere
    Participant

People who are in touch with nature are the best-   I've had lots of kooky people in my life- lots of hippies, lots of farmers, lots of naturalists.  I tried to find reasons to ignore all of their wisdom and advice, but here I am, nearing 40 and living just like they told me to!  All of the kooky people I'm refering to are my relatives….  I had an interesing upbringing! :roll-laugh:

My daughter got sunburned last month, and I put aloe on her 5 times before she went to bed… the burn was GONE the next morning.  If you didn't see it, you would be within your rights to question it… but it's true.   My plants have been going strong just sitting in indirect sunlight in my house.  They look like heck to an outsider, but someone who would realize that I'm USING the plants all the time would think they look great!  Plus, I think I see the best new growth on the plant I snip from the most.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘ Acrylic nails’ is closed to new replies.