Home Forums General Discussion Acid/Alkaline Theory of Disease Is Nonsense?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    APbeliever
    Participant

I know many of you talked here about this acid/alkaline theory. Here is an article by Dr. Gabe Mirkin. I would like to see some comments as I recently started using Apple cider vinegar once a day for its alkalanizing properties.

http://www.quackwatch.com/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/DSH/coral2.html

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi APB,

Here is a past thread on this topic that I thought you'd be interested to read. A Friend has gathered up much info on the topic and has shared quite a bit here with us that you may be able to search out, too, as it relates to her bone condition:

http://rbfbb.org/view_topic.php?id=2355&forum_id=1&highlight=ph+quackwatch

I actually use Ecological Formulas “Tri-Salts,” which when I have been herxing has really helped to relax muscles and reduce pain. I also add a .5 tspn in a bottle of water to drink when I'm in the sauna.

Hope this helps in your quest!

Peace, Maz

APbeliever
    Participant

Thanks for the links Maz. The salt you are using consists of Calcium, Magnesium and Potassium. I am already taking Caltrate plus extra Magnesium anyways for osteoporosis brought on by RA and Prednisone. Even Apple cider vinegar is bad for people with osteoporosis.  I am now looking at other options. Baking soda is one other option I tried already but it raises blood pressure so it is not advisable to use it frequently.

PhilC
    Participant

Just because some people have made inaccurate statements regarding acid/alkaline balance doesn't make it nonsense. With this paragraph, Dr. Mirkin basically invalidated the title of his article:

When you take in more protein than your body needs, your body cannot store it, so the excess amino acids are converted to organic acids that would acidify your blood. But your blood never becomes acidic because as soon as the proteins are converted to organic acids, calcium leaves your bones to neutralize the acid and prevent any change in pH. Because of this, many scientists think that taking in too much protein may weaken bones to cause osteoporosis.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

APbeliever
    Participant

Phil and Maz, thanks for your comments.

mschmidt
    Participant

I use a product called “Cell Power”daily which is also supposed to help the acid/alkaline balance in the body. 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘ Acid/Alkaline Theory of Disease Is Nonsense?’ is closed to new replies.