Home Forums General Discussion ab treatment complication Please help.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    mark
    Participant

My ab treatmentm (every other day 100mg morning and night) combined with advil (2x daily every day   100 or 200 mg ) has my crp at 42 and sed rate at 32 it has been continually rising since may 1 st . I.ve a skin rash on my hands and on the back of my neck .I feel like crap why is the inflammation not coming down ? Is this a sensitivity reaction to minocycline ? How do I correct it? Sorry I don”t have a doctor educated in ab protocol.  

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Mark – so sorry that you are not feeling well and that you sem to be struggling with this on your own. You dont say what your diagnosis is, when you were diagnosed or when you started AP. However, I get the feeling that you have recently started. If so, you may be experiencing what is called the Jarisch Herxheimer response (herx for short). I'm pasting in a link to info on this common response to starting an antibiotic protocol, accessible from Road Back Home Page.  This info includes suggestions on addressing an initial worsening of symptoms. I am also attaching a pdf of herx information taken from the rheumatic.org site. If you are managing your protocol alone, the best thing you can do is to educate yourself and your physician, if possible….there is lots of great reading material in the Education section on the Home Page of Road Back site (roll your cursor over Education at top of page grey/blue bar) and more in the FAQ section on the http://www.rheumatic.org site. And keep posting. We are here to help. Lynnie

https://www.roadback.org/index.cfm/fuseaction/education.display/display_id/91.html

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

richie
    Participant

Hi
    Generally a skin rash on hands and back of neck is a contact allergy thing –Its best to try and determine the culprit –suggest to first stop Advil for a week or so –see if it clears up –if not –then stop minocycline for a week or so –see if it clears up –if it doesnt then the culprit lies elsewhere
    Richie

mark
    Participant

this is my second time dagnosed with psoriatic arthiritis in ten years . took ab therapy for 3 yrs then went drug free for about 7 yrs .Its back with flu like symptoms with very little joint pain compared to my first bout . Symptoms ,weak , achy, chills , muscle sorness in back probably from sitting all time . I'm just getting used to using the computor like this please see rest off info on me above .

Maz
    Keymaster

Mark, if you'd like a listing of physicians to help you manage your protocol, drop a note to apdoctors@roadback.org and let the volunteers know the area you're looking for and if you'd also like a listing of the most experienced doctors, if traveling to the best is a consideration.

From a fellow patient perspective, all the symptoms you describe do sound, as Lynnie mentioned, like a herxheimer response – a good thing, as it means the minocycline is hitting the target. If, however, you're concerned about an allergy to minocycline, you can have your blood tested for eosinophils, which is described on the main website as being helpful in determining an allergic reaction to the drug.

Just click on the link below and it should take you to where this is mentioned on the main website:

https://www.roadback.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=studies.display&display_id=184#Anchor-The-51540

Hope you feel better soon!

Peace, Maz

A Friend
    Participant

[user=488]mark[/user] wrote:

this is my second time dagnosed with psoriatic arthiritis in ten years . took ab therapy for 3 yrs then went drug free for about 7 yrs .Its back with flu like symptoms with very little joint pain compared to my first bout . Symptoms ,weak , achy, chills , muscle sorness in back probably from sitting all time . I'm just getting used to using the computor like this please see rest off info on me above .

Mark,

The following may seem a bit “off the wall”, but I personally believe that yeast/candidiasis/fungal overgrowth can be very much related to onsets of many types of illness.  I first read Dr. William Crook's writing on this subject a number of years ago (he was an MD/pediatrician, and became one of the foremost physicians/scientists in this field, leaving us a bounty of books and information upon his death).  In his work, he wrote about psoriasis and a yeast connection.   

I've recently been inroduced to the work of Dr. Simoncini, a Italian oncologist in Rome, who has found that cancer is fungus. In his writings he mentions that one of his patients had psoriasis, and while treating this condition with a type of salts, he realized that the psoriasis scales were also a fungus, and would respond to a simple treatment he had been using to cure cancers.   

In the following paper by Dr. Simoncini, I used the “Edit” function at the top left of the computer screen, and the “Find” feature part of it, to search the document, and found about 8 instances of psoriasis discussions in this paper, along with mentions of arthritis as well.  These psoriasis discussions in his paper may be very helpful to you and perhaps encourage you to learn about pH and acid conditions he mentions, and perhaps address any of this that needs addressing in your own case.  All of these things can be related to your own case, with the condition that caused the psoriasis to have also kicked in the arthritis.  Many of us are much more prone to this fungal type overgrowth than others; and, sadly, most medical doctors seem never to mention to their patients even taking probiotics to keep down yeast overgrowth. 

The link to Dr. Simoncini's writing on this subject:
    [/size”>[/color]

[/color]

Notes made while searching:  Pages 10, 14, 17 (there were 8 findings of psoriasis in this paper)
    Dr. Simoncini has found the link of fungus to psoriasis, and also to cancer; and says cancer is fungus.  He discusses his treating one of his patients who had psoriasis with a certain type of salts and realized during this procedure that psoriasis also was a fungus. 

Another link I found gives an overview of Psoriatic Arthritis, but of course does not mention AP or the work of Dr. Simoncini.  My own experience (with a “probable” MCTD diagnosis… and having had a serious system yeast overgrowth several years prior to onset and dx) tells me were I to have a patch of psoriasis, etc., I would definitely look into all aspects/therapies using diet, acid, fungal eradication, etc.  And even without psoriasis, I am definitely “revisiting” the possibility of lingering fungal involvement in my own case in which I've realized this may have been playing a big part in debilitating acidosis the past several years even without any overt signs of it. 

http://www.psoriaticdiseases.com/psoriaticdiseases/understandingpsa/symptoms.html

Good luck,
    AF

mark
    Participant

thank-you ever so much for taking the time to help .I will look into the advise all of you have given me .                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    I didn't think it was a herx reaction because of the symptoms .I've had a herx before short and severe , but the reaction could just be different this time as my arthiritis is.  My apdoctor is from the road back list. It doesn't seem like he has much experience and would like to use alternative treatment dmars ect .I'm afraid he will try to take me off minocin , because he doesn't know how to manage it or have the time to learn.                                                                  .A friend ,it's not off the wall ,this could very well be the key to what triggers my condition. All of this advise is truly priceless.

A Friend
    Participant

Mark,

I'm glad the replies are encouraging to you, and look forward to reading your posts in the future to see how things are going. 

Betting on you!
    AF 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘ ab treatment complication Please help.’ is closed to new replies.