Home Forums General Discussion Aaaaaaaagh!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Kim
    Participant

OK, people this is gross, so you've been warned. 

Yesterday, I was at the hairdresser getting my 'natural' highlights touched up.  Michele, who has been my hairdresser for many years was checking my scalp for new collagen layers that are re-forming.  My hair follicles hurt and I keep having nightmares about waking up to a pillowful of hair.  Much to her surprise, and my chagrin, she stumbled upon an embedded tick!  Bless her heart, she ran for the tweezers and her partner (for moral support) and they performed minor surgery while trying to restore my dignity.  I know I'm not paying that woman nearly enough.  Oh, did I mention, this is the third time this has happened?

Bad enough, right?  NOT.  This morning I found a second tick in my head!!!  The first one had spent one night there and the second one two nights.  When I approached my husband with the tweezers, he didn't even have to ask.  But, hey, I do have a nice woodland garden.

On a positive note, I figure with all my co-infections going on that I infected the ticks more than they infected me, so there!

Have a great day…….kim

Cheryl F
    Keymaster

Kim,

Oh, I am so sorry this happened to you, and Twice! Somedays you just can't win. It is truly CREEPY!

Do you have any idea where you picked up these hitchhikers?

Cheryl

John McDonald
    Participant

Been there Kim. I understand. They are perfectly awful. I hope they got a good dose of antibiotics as well.

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=40]Kim[/user] wrote:

My hair follicles hurt and I keep having nightmares about waking up to a pillowful of hair.  Much to her surprise, and my chagrin, she stumbled upon an embedded tick! 

Aghhhh…..Kim, you poor thing. Oh boy, do I empathize. 😯  I still have my pet tick, “Colly-wobbles,”imprisoned in his bottle from a few weeks ago and, although dead after a few days, I still like to give it a good shake when I pass by just for good measure! :angry:  They really do give me the heebie-jeebies…shudder.

I was on an upswing a couple weeks ago and, last week, I really went downhill again. I'm kind of wondering if it was due to reinfection or at least my body reacting (hypersensitivity) to the most recent tick bite. Ho hum…the good part is that at least we've got the basic coverage with our AP protocols. 😀

There's no doubt this is the worst tick year I remember since moving to CT about 12 years ago. Mind you, our deer populations are out of control, too. As beautiful as they are, I think the state is going to have start culling the herds soon….they trek right through our woods every day and across our lawn. I opened my front door several days ago and came face-to-face with a doe only a few feet away. We have two cats and a dog and it's mostly the cats that bring them in, in spite of being fastidious about their flea and tick oil. I love our animals, but it sure takes some of the joy out of pet ownership when you've experienced, first hand, what Lyme Disease can do. :crying:

You're in my thoughts…

Peace, Maz

Michele
    Participant

Oh, Kim!

Not one, but two?!!! Ick. Now my skin itches.

I feel like my family is going to have to sit in a circle and check each other nightly…being the primates we are.

Maz, give CollyWobbles a shake for me! Kim, what did you do with the ticks? Did you keep them for testing / torture?

Michele

Kim
    Participant

Thanks, guys, for the sympathy. 

Right now my ticks are in a baggie on my kitchen counter so I can glare at them periodically.  I looked into testing, but it would cost $60 per tick, pet test.  There are lots of tests to choose from and you have to pick the ones you want—-how could you possibly know?  I feel like crap right now so don't even know if I'd notice more symptoms.

We are surrounded by woods with herds of deer so ticks are inevitable.  Strange thing is the day I was working in the garden I had on the appropriate attire:  long sleeves, long pants and eau de deet!

Maz, do hope your increase in symptoms is only your immume system waking up and will be short lived.

DianeWI
    Participant

Hi Kim,

Last year and this year, we have tics right out our front door in the short frequently mowed grass.  Hubby said that the wind can blow them around too.  We have a woods behind us.  A few days ago, hubby found two crawling on the house.  When I was a child, we could run through the fields of tall grass and go through the woods and never get a tic.  In fact, I didn't know what a tic was until the mid 70's.  Since that time, it has really gotten out of hand.

Another thing….yesterday I was out on my deck on the Grandma swing with my granddaughter and my other granddaughter was on the childs swing set.  I heard a strange noise that sounded similar to a helicopter, then it turned into a hum and then a buz.  We looked up and saw a cloud of bees flying over us.  I yelled to my granddaughter that was a ways from the house, to get in the house now!  Two of us were close to the patio door.  We got in in about 3 seconds.  Tab ran to the front door.  Thank God the bees did not bother us, but there must have been 100,000 of them or more.  I have never seen that before and it is most eerie.  I though of Alfred Hitchcocks move, the bees, which was similar to the birds. They got in all over and killed people, the big ravens and the bees both.  I don't know which death would be worse.

Diane

Cheryl F
    Keymaster

I WANT TO MOVE TO THE CITY.  We find ticks on the dogs all the time.  Claire had one crawling on her a few weeks ago, in her BED!! We live in the country, like Maz, there are deer on our driveway and lawn all the time.  Lots of rabbits and squirrels too.  I think a high rise in NYC sounds really good right now, but then they are probably all over Central Park too!

Kim, sorry you are not feeling well and have this trauma to add too it.

Cheryl

Kim
    Participant

Diane,   My tick story was just gross……your bee story was terrifying!  It really is a jungle out there.

Cheryl,   Claire must have been totally freaked out to find anything crawling on her, or was she like Maz's daughter wanting to give the critter a second chance?;)  On another note, Cheryl, sorry to hear you've become 'one of us'.  Good luck with your appt with Dr. F. and your diagnosis.  Please keep us posted.

Cheryl F
    Keymaster

Kim,

Claire was not the insect rights advocate that Maz' daughter was, she just screamed “DDDDAAAADDDDDDDDDYYYYY!!!  And the tick was wisked away!  My husband does the dirty work and doesn't do it in front of us women folk.  Most of the time we capture bugs and take them outside.  But TICKS, no way, they die, they are just too creepy!

As far as my diagnosis.  I was always “one of us” I was just the best at being in denial.  Still am!  I protested the entire way, told everyone at Dr. F's office that I was just fine and I didn't need to be there.  That is my story and I am stickin' to it!

Jess and I both had appointments yesterday, she is doing great.  Dr. F said, stay the course!  We are going to do all the DX tests again this summer, just to monitor things.  New echo, PFT, CT and more.  Oh, joy, just how we want to spend our summer, running to more doctors appointments.  But it is a good idea, I want the baselines and the documentation that all is as well as it seems to be.  Bottom line, she feels fine, no, great!

Cheryl

Kim
    Participant

Cheryl,

Maybe Claire can talk to Maz's daughter.  “Insect rights advocate”….too funny.

It's always great to hear how well Jess is doing.  Please take care of yourself because we need you well.  Most people don't know how many minds you have changed regarding AP as a viable choice, but I do, and I thank you…..kim

John McDonald
    Participant

Ticks are hard to kill. I flush 'em down the toilet.

Michele
    Participant

Diane,

I know that Alfred Hitchcock movie well…it scarred me for life. I saw it as a kid and never forgot it. Not the kind of movie I go out of my way to watch now either. With the current buzz 😛 about the loss and lack of bees to pollinate crops, it is interesting that you saw such a large colony of them. It makes me wonder if bees are migrational. I really don't know.

I'm really glad you reached safety in time!

Michele

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Funny I've never heard of the director Alfred Hitchoops……… oh that's right, he's the one who used to have his wish washer cat on the set.  😉 Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Goodwife
    Participant

Good one Lynnie!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘ Aaaaaaaagh!!!’ is closed to new replies.