Home Forums General Discussion A word of Hope

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Susan LymeRA
    Participant

Hi everyone!

I haven't posted much lately due to a busy schedule and an intentional effort to spend much less time at the computer.

My husband and I celebrated our 25th anniversary on a cruise to Alaska the first part of June and had a wonderful time.  While on the ship I got plenty of exercise by avoiding the elevator as much as possible and utilizing steps to access 12 floors of fun.  I ate mostly healthy but broke my normal dietary rules by eating desert at almost every meal.  Of course, I walked all over every town we docked in and the 2nd week was spent traveling inland by bus and train so again lots and lots of walking.  I DID GREAT!  I also LOST weight!!!

My husband who was diagnosed with lyme disease at the same time I was but he held off his treatment because he was not so sick; is now really sick and has just begun treatment with my doctor.  He has hip and knee pain which all tests done by other doctors has ruled out any physical cause like arthritis, torn cartilege, etc.  He is in so much pain he can barely walk and his chronic fatigue has almost become insurmountable.  He slept hours every day in addition to night sleep.  Still, he was forced to get up and move if he wanted to see anything, eat, etc.  No car to haul him around. 

At first, he could barely walk from point A to point B, but as the days progressed he was able to walk better and better until by the end of the trip, he was walking everywhere without pain.  Moral here is “Move, even if it hurts!”

The R&R was to die for.  But once we came home, it was back to reality with a bang.  First week back at work (we own a business and work together) one of our employees was on vacation so we pulled extra hours and extra duties.  That weekend we had our grandson for 4 days (6 yrs old).  Right behind that, our family from New York arrived in town.  Simultaneously, my friend from Va Beach who rides horses with me arrived for 4 days.

So over the 4th, I hauled horses 3 days in a row to ride for 4 hrs one day, 3 hrs the next and 2 hrs on the third day.  On day 3 I also hosted dinner for 14.

All of this without any pain, swelling or fatigue!!!

I have the most severe, crippling form of RA and I am proof this disease can be beat.

AP has been part of my healing process.  My doctors have looked for causes to my disease and they found many including heavy metal toxicity, parasites, mycoplasma and lyme.  By treating and eliminating these sources, I am getting well. 

Mycoplasma is nearly impossible to kill and a genetic test shows I have a very faulty detox system so I will take extra aide to detox for the rest of my life.  My doctor does believe by unloading all these burdens on my immune system and my keeping my detoxification system flowing well, my IS will one day be functioning sufficiently to stop all medications.  I hope so.

Until then, I am so grateful to be functioning as well as I ever did before getting sick and I just thank God for leading me to the right doctors and the right protocols to beat a really horrific disease.

Susan

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Hi Susan, welcome back. So glad you had such a great trip and thank you for such an unplifting post. Great to hear how well you are and hope your husband is not too far behind you. Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

JBJBJB
    Participant

Susan,

Thank you for such an encouraging message. I am so happy for you. You held it well with such busy schedule.

This message helps me a lot. It gave me hope. I am at the lowest point right now, washing out the antibiotics and waiting for a new antibiotic, hopefully this Monday. When I read your husband's story, I could compare the notes with my situation. I hope your husband will get a successful treatment.

Happy anniversary!!!

JB

Parisa
    Participant

Hi Susan,

Happy Anniversary.  Great to hear that you had such a wonderful trip and on that on top of that were able to tackle all of the things you did on your return.  There are many healthy people who couldn't keep up with that schedule.  It's truly been a long haul for you but it sounds like you are finally getting there.

bonnielou
    Keymaster

It's wonderful to read the news about your progress. I hope your husband will get the same results quickly and you can continue to enjoy many years together. Happy anniversary.

Bonnie Lou
    RA 02/07,AP 10/07
    Minocycline 200mg MWF; Plaquenil 100mg 3 days/week
    Fish Oil, Ubiquinol, Turmeric, Vit C (2 grams) , MultiVit, Magnesium, Astaxanthin, D3 (5000), probiotics and a daily dose of yoga!

Pip
    Participant

Oh, Susan, this is indeed good news.  It's great to see you hear again and wonderful that you posted so the newer members can see how this works. 

So, which genetic tests showed a faulty detox system?  I'm really interested in that.

Pip

Susan LymeRA
    Participant

DetoxiGenome. 

I hope they perfect these gene tests real soon and start testing babies at birth so they will know weaknesses and the child can learn to compensate for the weakness early in life.

I was the kid who had strep throat every year of my youth.  Tonsilitis, bronchitis, sinunitis.  I even had something the doctor described as strep on the brain once (extremely painful) and twice in my spine.

I believe I was so susceptable because my poor detox system couldn't clean allergens sufficiently. 

Thanks everyone for the well wishes.  JB, hang in there.  I am praying for you.

Susan

Kim
    Participant

Susan, this is a GREAT post!  Over the years you've made progress and then been knocked down, but you never gave up.  Each time it just made you fight harder, and this time sounds like you've really turned a corner.  Huge victory! :blush:

Take care…..kim

Pip
    Participant

Thanks for the info – I'm going to check it out ASAP.

Susan, I hope you check back in…personally we've suffered a huge set back and I could really use your advice.  I'm going to post on a thread about my husband, if you see it, could you chime in?  Please?

The world (OK, my world) needs more people like the kind who gravitate to the RB.

Pip

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘ A word of Hope’ is closed to new replies.