Home Forums General Discussion A Quick update

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Annie
    Participant

Hi everyone – its been a while – July last year.  I have been holding off as I got results of latest blood tests.  RA down to 140, CCP 43.6 (apparently this should be below 5????) Everything else normal.

Life is excellent.  The main change happened early this year – I noticed that I could curl up and sleep soundly, I could sleep on my stomach again – yippee!!! Although my hands are stiff in the mornings there is NO PAIN.  Mentally I feel terrific.  Hubbie and I are even renovating the house and I am painting, ripping up tiles, living in an absolute dusty mess and LOVING EVERY MINUTE.

It has taken me near to 3 years to get to this stage.  Still on the mino and one IV every 5 weeks. 

Thank you to every person one this board – when I'm feeling a bit down I just log on and have a read.  You are the greatest bunch of folks.

So, keep the faith, the journey is long, but the results are amazing.

Annie

maz.aust
    Participant

Fantastic Annie,

What great progress you are making ,, & renovating at the same time …. WOW !!

Cheers,
    Maz – Aust

Dec07: Diagnosed PRA, (CTD; Fibromyalgia; suspected Lyme):
    Mar08: Diet to heal gut/bolster immune system (no gluten, dairy, sulphites or sugar)

Jan 2018: ABX Mon/Wed/Fri (started AP 2008)
    1/2 x 150mg Roxithromycin(Biasig), 1/2 x 150mg Clarithromycin (Klacid),
    1/2 x Fungillin, 1 x 250mg Cephalexin (Keflex)

All off days Probiotics

Annie
    Participant

Thanks Mazzie – if only the Tigers could do a littile bit better:doh:

maz.aust
    Participant

[user=534]Annie[/user] wrote:

Thanks Mazzie – if only the Tigers could do a littile bit better:doh:

Just thought I would let you know I don't like & never watch AFL — although my grown children both are Blue's followers (my son played soccer!)

Isn't the weather miserable !!!  Is it affecting you yet ???

Mar08: Diet to heal gut/bolster immune system (no gluten, dairy, sulphites or sugar)

All off days Probiotics

Annie
    Participant

Isn't the weather miserable !!!  Is it affecting you yet ?

Strangly NO!!  About 4 weeks ago I got a terrible cold so was prepared for a flare.  This is the first real cold I have had since the beginning of this ailment. 

I seem to get more flares in Spring.

maz.aust
    Participant

Just asking because every time I see my Dr she asks me about the weather affecting me & I always tell her I don't get affected by either the cold or heat .. but it seems to me from her responses over 12 mths that my lack of reaction to the weather is not the norm.

BTW we are painting the inside of the house, redoing the bathrooms etc so I know how you feel .. last Sund I spent all day washing down timber, cleaning out kitchen cupboards & moving furniture .. must admit I was pleasantly surprised that the flare I expected didn't happen.

Cheers me,  😉

All off days Probiotics

sjess
    Participant

Hi Annie,

Thanks so much for the report. It is so encouraging. I have been on AP just a few weeks now and it is nice to hear how things turn out for other people further along on this journey. Best wishes for continued health and success with your endeavors.

Sharon

Parisa
    Participant

Hi Annie,

Thanks for dropping in and letting us know how well you are doing.  Good luck with the house renovations.  We've been going through alot of that ourselves lately and it's a true testament of how much improve our  lives are that we can not only contemplate renovations but are physically able to do it also.

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Annie – Thanks so much for calling by to give such a wonderful update. Glad life is so good for you. Are you still seeing Dr K in Camberwell? Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Annie
    Participant

Hi Lynne

Yes Dr K has really been wonderful.  Each month I toddle off to get an IV, which is really good. No big boost just keeping things under control.  He is a real dag!!! and super easy to talk to.  Puts the IV in we have a yak then he goes and sees his next patient.  About an hour later and a cup of tea he comes in and pulls it out. I think my hubbie thinks he a bit looney.  I reckon Dr's with a sense of humour are good because they make you feel better.  Just gotta hope he doesn't retire (66 this yr) or I will be knocking on his door.

heatherbell
    Participant

Another fellow Aussie.  I have not seen posts by you before only because I have only been here since August 2009.  It is great to hear of people who come back to say how great they are doing.  It gives so much encouragement and hope to others.  Congrats on your health and I'm so glad to hear you are so happy.  I too, I'm contemplating some painting around the house, etc. but I don't think I'm quite up to it yet!  Where's my hubby …..

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘ A Quick update’ is closed to new replies.