Home Forums General Discussion A plan

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    hotspur2904
    Participant

Well, I've just finally put down “The New Artritis Breakthrough – wow! It's left me feeling very hopeful and has given me an awful lot of questions for my Rheumatologist; like why didnt she tell me about thsi therapy rather that keep pumping me full of cortisone injections and prescribing me unpleasant drugs! I've never been a conspiracy theorist but the book has also got me thinking!

I'd never heard of mycoplasma or monocycline and I am very grateful that I came across the TRB website. 

I've spent the last year or so trying to identify what may have brought on my arthritis to no avail and then after reading the book, I feel I now may have some idea. For many years as a child I suffered with tonsilitis and varying degrees of sore throats ….. a streptococcal condition. Could this be it?

I feel more positive today than I have since I was told I would,be given anti-tnf therapy and I have decided to go down the AP route!

Instead of the Humira injections which are due to start in September, I am going to give AP a year (if I can get set up on a programme with my GP and AP doc!)

I am going to see my gp tomorrow (armed with the information that I have received from TRB and in assocation with a UK AP) give it a go.

The only thing that seems to work for my PsA are NSAID's and steroid injections so……(whether wisely or not!) I said goodbye to the Leflunomide today and it's now in the rubbish bin! Good riddance

Thank you to everyone who has been so kind to me since I registered on Thursday, I'm on my way and I'm not looking back!!!!

S 🙂

Christina V
    Participant

Well Simon you definately sound like a man on a mission.  The book is an absoulute eye opener isn't it?  I felt the same way as you, why didn't my rheumy give me this option?  I wish you every success on your road to recovery, and look forward to sharing the experience with you along the way.  As you have discovered all ready there are many very experienced APers on this board who are such a wealth of knowledge and give so much support you will never have to feel alone again.  All the very best to you, Christina.

Kim
    Participant

More shameful yet, my rheumy (now ex-rheumy) flatly denied my request for antibiotics.  In the same sentence he said, “they just don't work, and we really don't have any good drugs for Scleroderma, all we can do is control the pain down the line.”  I guess in order to spare my feelings he left out the end of the sentence…..when you're dying. :headbang:

Simon, good luck at your appointment with the GP tomorrow. You can print off the physician's pages from the Home section, under Education for your doctor and maybe he would be willing to write the prescriptions.  That's how I got started.

Take care and please keep us posted.

kim

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Yes the book does tend to light you up, huh? I think it also covers well what the speciality of rheumatology has been/is concerned with. That's why so many of us over time have fired our rheumies and seek assistance with this approach elsewhere. Best of luck to you Simon on this new road of hope. Lynnie 

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Trisha
    Participant

My original rheumy never told me about AP either and I spent years on other drugs which failed me in the end…Humira being one of them.  Then there are well-meaning (I think) but none-the-less ignorant people who would discourage me from AP.  After reading “the book,” knowing that this approach has helped thousands (and it's soooo logical), I refuse to be swayed by the naysayers.  Though I've just begun my journey I can feel the antibiotic working, I can see some small windows of light.  You'll find much encouragement here, Simon, as you've already experienced.  My very best to you…..Trisha 

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hi Simon;
           If you need an other weapon in your arsenal you can print out a picture of micoplasma inside a cell.If I remember correctly it is in one of the papers done by Dr.Marshall.Last time I looked at it was a couple of years ago but I am sure it is still there   http://www.marshallprotocol.com ,Maybe if you use the “search” at the top of the page you can find it.If I have any spare time today I will take a look also.If it is not there it might be on http://www.bacteriality.com
          As to antibiotics,we can get Tetracycline without a prescription at farm feed stores here in Canada and I think also at the U.S.It iis exactly the same stuff whether used for a person or a calf.
                  Bonne chance,Lynne

A Friend
    Participant

[user=1526]hotspur2904[/user] wrote:

Well, I've just finally put down “The New Artritis Breakthrough – wow! It's left me feeling very hopeful and has given me an awful lot of questions for my Rheumatologist; like why didnt she tell me about thsi therapy rather that keep pumping me full of cortisone injections and prescribing me unpleasant drugs! I've never been a conspiracy theorist but the book has also got me thinking!…….

I'd never heard of mycoplasma or monocycline and I am very grateful that I came across the TRB website…….. 

I've spent the last year or so trying to identify what may have brought on my arthritis to no avail and then after reading the book, I feel I now may have some idea. For many years as a child I suffered with tonsilitis and varying degrees of sore throats ….. a streptococcal condition. Could this be it?……

I feel more positive today than I have since I was told I would,be given anti-tnf therapy and I have decided to go down the AP route!….

I am going to see my gp tomorrow (armed with the information that I have received from TRB and in assocation with a UK AP) give it a go….

Thank you to everyone who has been so kind to me since I registered on Thursday, I'm on my way and I'm not looking back!!!!

S 🙂

Hello Hotspur,

Your sentiments about feelings after reading the book were mine, also. 

I'm hoping you'll hear something positive from the rheumy when you go… but be prepared for a negative reply (but don't give up; there's probably another physician who will prescribe for you).  However, Minocycline has been approved by the USA FDA for use in treatment, but they don't say it's for what we've found it does; so usually a patient can get it if he/she brings up this point. 

About the conspiracy thoughts/feelings, it does appear that way to many of us who have had to search for treatment.  Actually… besides the AP being so very helpful to me and my first PCP not being willing to prescribe the treatment, I had a couple of other equally “big” problems that none of my doctors apparently knew about or put any credence in… that finally, together with AP and learning about an inate acidosis (which you just might have, based on your longtime… childhood … history).  When we've had a serious or chronic condition, and have been on medications, our body over long periods of time can become overburdened and not be able to do more than “keep us afloat”. 

We can usually survive better when we are younger, but as we get older, besides the normal losing of resilience, the medical conditions we have can have made our bodies so acidic/unhealthy that our bodies can have become a “haven for unfriendly bacteria, viruses, mycoplasma, parasites, etc., etc., etc.  These organisms love an acidic environment, and their waste products continue to add to the acidity problem, plus the toll on our organ systems, all of this just adds fuel to the fire. 

It was when I actually knew how to test and then found the “real acidic condition of my body” that the constant pain and other problems that I slid into — after doing really, really well on AP for 7 years — was finally resolved.  I'm not there yet, but I feel what I've finally learned was definitely one of the final missing pieces of my own puzzle. 

This is a link (a primary adjunct for me) that best describes what had been going on in my own body for a long, long time without my even knowing about it.  Because I had been on an incredibly rigid, healthy regimen, I was able to stay afloat for a long time…. and then drifted into a terrible, unacceptable pain state — and I knew I WAS NOT going to take the kind of drugs you mentioned, because they would only make me worse in the longrun.  I knew there had to be an answer — and there was!  The answer just did not come from our usual medical doctors, it came from an ND acquaintance that I knew casually.  [The reading material below is why I am posting this link which I believe to be a pretty accurate, true picture — not for anything that might be advertised on it… if anything is advertised.   Best to you in your recovery journey!  AF

http://www.8candlesonline.com/purify/what_is/about.html

http://www.8candlesonline.com/purify/what_is/about.html#seed-bed 

Acidosis Causes and Natural Treatment

Acid/Alkaline Balance

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘ A plan’ is closed to new replies.