Home Forums General Discussion A new sympton – need help please

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Andrea
    Participant

Hello Everyone

I have recently switched back to the brand name Minocin after having not much luck with the generic.  It seems to be working as predicted.  About 3 weeks ago I started getting this tightening in the back of my knees.  To the point where if I sit for a while or when I get up in the morning I can't straighten the back of my leg for quite some time.  It's not joint feeling it's more like ligament/muscle/tissue feeling.  Any ideas on what this is? or caused by?  Anyone have the same issue?

Thanks

DianeWI
    Participant

Hi Andrea,

Did the symptoms come on suddenly?  I noticed that you are interested in horses…were you riding?  I used to get that when I would ride.  I could hardly straighten out my legs to walk. 

Stretching and holding for five seconds and then relaxing for five seconds, then repeat the stretching maybe 20x may help you.  I know for me when I was going through that it did. 

With all the health issues that I have going on, I had to unfortunately give up on riding.  It caused me more problems.  Sometimes it was the back of the leg, then my hips etc…  I just can't do it with the rheumatic conditions I've got going on.  I hope this is not your case.

There is a product called Bio-freeze that I use.  I rub it on and rub it in.  It helps various pains like you are describing.  I order from on-line.

Diane/WI

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=269]Andrea[/user] wrote:

About 3 weeks ago I started getting this tightening in the back of my knees.  To the point where if I sit for a while or when I get up in the morning I can't straighten the back of my leg for quite some time.  It's not joint feeling it's more like ligament/muscle/tissue feeling.  Any ideas on what this is? or caused by?  Anyone have the same issue?

Hi Andrea,

Yes, you've pretty much described what I also experience on the back side of my legs, behind the knees. It seems to come and go, but is worse in the mornings or after periods of inactivity, just as you described. As it's there some days and not others and the degree is lessening over time, I've put it down to inflammation and probable herxing. I empathize! :crying:

Peace, Maz

Andrea
    Participant

Thanks Maz

There are so many things (aches, pains, etc) that go along with RA I just never know what is related and what's not. 

Andrea
    Participant

Diane

Unfortunately, I have not ridden in about 4 months so I can't blame it on that.  My hope is that the AP will kick in any day now and I can get back on my “old girl”.  Thanks for your reply.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘ A new sympton – need help please’ is closed to new replies.