Home Forums General Discussion a lot of joints and muscle pain

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    JBJBJB
    Participant

I realized when the weather is about to rain, or it's very humid (> 80%), my joints and muscles are very painful. Any one has same experience?

mkay
    Participant

Yes, I have the same thing, infact I posted this not long ago…this disease is crazy!  I also have problems before my monthly cycle begins, I blame that one on hormones.  I hope all this slowly disappears at some point.  Just so you know your not alone 🙂

Trudi
    Participant

[user=266]JBJBJB[/user] wrote:

I realized when the weather is about to rain, or it's very humid (> 80%), my joints and muscles are very painful. Any one has same experience?

Yup, me, too!!  Dr. Brown made mention of this in his book.  A full moon also seems to bring on more pain :(–

Take care,

Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

Tintap
    Participant

Me too – my joints can predict rain 🙂
    I start getting achy all over about an hour before it starts raining ….
    Weird isnt it?
    My symptoms wax and wane with my monthly cycle too – that and the fact that the onset of my disease and the next large flare were both brought about by childbirth leads me to believe that my RA has  a hormone connection….

Kats
    Participant

I definitely notice a huge difference when I go home to Toronto for visits.  Toronto is extremely humid and I always flare and feel awful when I go there.  Where I live in BC's interior it's quite arid and never humid and overall I think I'm much better off living here than back home. 

mschmidt
    Participant

Oh, I can completely relate to that, except mine is swelling, which brings on joint pain.  I call my hands my barometer for the weather because if it's humid outside, my fingers swell and my slight contractures get worse.  I also notice this about 1 week before my cycle so, I agree that hormones are somehow related to this as well.  My flares are less intense than they were before but, the weather (and the full moon) seem to aggravate my swelling.  I told my husband we need to have a ssecond home somewhere in the desert!!

Maria

Trudi
    Participant

[user=977]mschmidt[/user] wrote:

I told my husband we need to have a second home somewhere in the desert!!

Amen to that!!  One of our neighbors go to Arizona for the winter and she stops all pain meds for arthritis while they are down there!!  Has to be something there–

Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘ a lot of joints and muscle pain’ is closed to new replies.